Weird aluminum thing

MattLock

Elite Member
Aprils Fools :laughing:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 513
A size reference is most important to determining the use and therefore helping to solve the dilemma of your post.

Good Post!

NebTrac

No joke- I'm too young to remember the days before stay-tabs, so I spent my childhood thinking that pull-tabs were actually manufactured as fishing strike indicators. My grandpa had a bunch of them in his tackle box, and he'd bend over the tab and put them on our set lines. To this day, whenever I dig a pull-tab I think of my grandpa and our fishing trips.

My best friend in high school used to use the old pull tabs and make fishing lures with them, and he caught some nice trout with them. Ingenious Shoe!

So, I'm brand new to detecting and noticed that these and lawn slaw both look like coins to my Deus. In fact, I dug one yesterday with (to me) the same signal as the clad dimes I'd been digging all day.

What's the trick to identifying them, or is the joke you can't tell?

Steve

No joke- I'm too young to remember the days before stay-tabs, so I spent my childhood thinking that pull-tabs were actually manufactured as fishing strike indicators. My grandpa had a bunch of them in his tackle box, and he'd bend over the tab and put them on our set lines. To this day, whenever I dig a pull-tab I think of my grandpa and our fishing trips.

You can still make the new ones In to hooks

Back
Top Bottom