Dig all bottle caps - you never know

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I had no idea that some bottle caps are valuable.

most of mine have been in pretty bad condition, but now I dig all signals that are in the bottle cap range on my VDI.

Attachments

• bottlecapsebay.jpg
    bottlecapsebay.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 409
I'm not at all trying to sound negative, but the bottle caps that we dig have been under dirt for awhile and they don't come out looking anywhere close to what is pictured. Vintage bottle caps in that condition would come from under a refrigerator or cooler of some sort. Or perhaps at the back of a utensil draw or something like that. I very much appreciate this post and hope that I didn't come off wrong. Thank you for sharing this information with us. If I come across a vintage bottle cap in the condition of the ones you posted I will keep this in mind.

Love old bottlecaps!

Since I'm into collecting/finding bottles I have gathered some bottlecaps through the years from many different places - out in the wild, in and under old buildings, and as bruinvikes said, from inside the cap-catchers of old pop machines.

Attachments

• bottlecaps.jpg
    bottlecaps.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 229
Very cool post! Most caps I dig are rusted but I have dug a few that are in decent shape. Probably not old though... Quality probably depends a lot on soil conditions.

Back
Top Bottom