One ring bullet

Nickruis

355551777e0f08c71b2de4493f64dca2.jpg

Any idea is it older? I've seen and dug a bunch of modern bullets and shot a lot but haven't seen one like this. I know it's not a new one but I know it's not a old one.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

While an extra opinion never hurts, we have already ID'd it. Putting a date to a modern bullet is extremely difficult.

Wellll, saying it is a modern semi-wadcutter isn't as specific as one could get. It can be identified by manufacturer, or bullet mold manufacturer and style number, and perhaps even more specific, such as years of production and number of bullets of that particular type produced and loaded.

It just depends on how satisfied one is with a general, bullet type description. :shrug:

Wellll, saying it is a modern semi-wadcutter isn't as specific as one could get. It can be identified by manufacturer, or bullet mold manufacturer and style number, and perhaps even more specific, such as years of production and number of bullets of that particular type produced and loaded.

It just depends on how satisfied one is with a general, bullet type description. :shrug:

I'm sure a forensics lab could narrow it down more. The style is too generic and the condition a bit too degraded for the average ammunition dealer to look at it and identify it any more specifically than we have. On top of that, being a cast bullet, if it were home cast, it could have been cast at any time. That style has been in use since at least WW2, probably even earlier, and is still in use today.

You can browse the currently available molds from Lee, Lyman, RCBS, and others and find numerous ones that *might* match his bullet. Then there are the smaller mold manufacturers, of which there are many.

http://www.midwayusa.com/bullet-and-ingot-molds/br?cid=8657

I'm sure a forensics lab could narrow it down more. The style is too generic and the condition a bit too degraded for the average ammunition dealer to look at it and identify it any more specifically than we have. On top of that, being a cast bullet, if it were home cast, it could have been cast at any time. That style has been in use since at least WW2, probably even earlier, and is still in use today.

You can browse the currently available molds from Lee, Lyman, RCBS, and others and find numerous ones that *might* match his bullet. Then there are the smaller mold manufacturers, of which there are many.

http://www.midwayusa.com/bullet-and-ingot-molds/br?cid=8657

Exactly my point. :yes:

I am more then happy with yalls input lol doesn't mean enough to me to go get it checked. I just haven't ever seen one like it. I threw it in a bag with other junk lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom