Decent headphones that won't break the bank

njemt

Anyone have recommendations for a decent set of headphones with a price tag that won't break the bank? I'm currently using a set of Treasurewise headphones.

Every pair of headphones I had that had the wire metal slide rails, messed up before too long. Worst pair I had were those White's Royal GT's.

A decent budget pair that makes a great backup are those Garrett Clearsound Easy-stows. They even have an inline volume control.

Every pair of headphones I had that had the wire metal slide rails, messed up before too long. Worst pair I had were those White's Royal GT's.

A decent budget pair that makes a great backup are those Garrett Clearsound Easy-stows. They even have an inline volume control.

I agree with the Garrett Clearsound Easy-stows, I like the smaller lighter cup styles. Usually I tuck one cup behind my ear so I can hear what is going on around me. Great clear sound with these by the way.

Best I ever had were a pair of Jolly Rodgers. When I wore them out I got the Koss QZ99's. They have great sound but are a little bulkier then phones made for detecting. Also the cord is very long. I coiled up a few feet of mine and put a zip tie on it. They are noise cancelling and do cut out more sound then the JR's. But I can still hear my kids when they holler at me. I also had a pair of the Garrett easy stows that were mentioned. I don't have a huge head but they gave me a bad headache after about an hour. Gave them to one of my pinhead friends

Since the OP asked for decent and cheap, I recommended the Calrad.
Looks like the thread has been flipped to mentioning our favorites.. In that case, I'll put in a plug for what are, in my opinion, the best detector headphones made... Killer B's and Sunray Pro Gold. Pretty certain both are being made by the same person. I use the Killer B's Wasp model. Better than decent, but they may break your bank.

Back
Top Bottom