Killer Bee headphone cord Wasps/Hornet

Right Brain

Elite Member
I've been doing some research and the Killer Bee headphones sound great, just one major problem:

I have read numerous posts where people mention that the cable on the Killer Bees are prone to fault because they are week.

I want to get either the wasp or hornet versions, mainly the wasp, but the problem with wasps is that it appears the cable is also too short.

The Hornets seem about right because it is said that they are durable and tough, might not have the faulty cable issues. The hornets have longer cables. The issue, and the only issue for me with the hornets is that they are heavy.

Have others found these factors to be real problems, are there really cable issues on the Wasp series? Are the Hornets too heavy?

I've been doing some research and the Killer Bee headphones sound great, just one major problem:

I have read numerous posts where people mention that the cable on the Killer Bees are prone to fault because they are week.

I want to get either the wasp or hornet versions, mainly the wasp, but the problem with wasps is that it appears the cable is also too short.

The Hornets seem about right because it is said that they are durable and tough, might not have the faulty cable issues. The hornets have longer cables. The issue, and the only issue for me with the hornets is that they are heavy.

Have others found these factors to be real problems, are there really cable issues on the Wasp series? Are the Hornets too heavy?

I use the killer bee's wasp on my GT I think there great,block outside noise
and very comfortable. I don't see any issue with the cable.

I'v used my Wasps exclusively for the last two years. No cable problems, even though they've been tugged on by scrub tree branches and the like. The cord is plenty long. I've yet to need to take my headphones off when digging a target.

GL & HH

I'll be honest guys, I never bought into the whole killer bee headphones buzz (ahaha... I made a funny). I currently use Fisher Stereo Headphones and they work just fine; plus they are not priced like the killer bee headphones which is a total bonus!

I love my Killer B's. I broke the limit switch twice by rough handling. The headset brace just broke since having them since 2007. I read your post on Findmall.com and you misspelled weak there also.

I love my Killer B's. I broke the limit switch twice by rough handling. The headset brace just broke since having them since 2007. I read your post on Findmall.com and you misspelled weak there also.

Well not only did you notice that week (weak) is misspelled.....you failed to notice you are commenting on a three (3) year old post !!!!:roll:

Hate when that happens.:laughing:
Not only was it a three year old post. It's a year and three months later that I logged into the metal detecting forum and saw I had a notification from you that you noticed I noticed you misspelled weak!😜

On another note, looking back I'm glad I didn't buy any fancy headphones or anything expensive. Would have been the biggest waste of money and they probably wouldn't have lasted. I just use earbud headphones, it's all you need when using a discrim detector.

Not only was it a three year old post. It's a year and three months later that I logged into the metal detecting forum and saw I had a notification from you that you noticed I noticed you misspelled weak!��

I didn't comment on the misspelling... God knows we all do it somtimzes.:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom