some past Fisher finds (F75, F75Ltd., Gold Bug DP)

umrgolf

All of the recent finds I've posted in the last couple months have been with the new Fisher F19 (really starting to like it). My first Fisher I got in 2009 was the F75, from there went to the Gold Bug DP, back to the F75 Ltd. and now the F19. I know we all have different preferences but I love the Fishers. They all perform very well in the heavy iron spots.

these finds were all from 2010 to 2012 with the original F75 and the Gold Bug DP

2010-2012_zps18ef04c7.jpeg

finds from an early war Infantry camp in 2012 with the Gold Bug DP

IMG_0865_zps7dde6c58.jpg

early war Cavalry camp hunted with the F75 Ltd. in 2013

DSC00143_zpsba808c68.jpg

early war Infantry camp hunted with the F75 Ltd. also 2013

DSC00064_zps4af37e82.jpg

HOw anout giving us a few thoughts on your F 75 versus the F 19. And also your F 19 compared to your Gold Bug pro I'm thinking specifically about depth in discriminate mode.

HOw anout giving us a few thoughts on your F 75 versus the F 19. And also your F 19 compared to your Gold Bug pro I'm thinking specifically about depth in discriminate mode.

sure, will do later this evening when I get home

F75 vs. F19- in my experience, the F75 was a better machine in open ground with a lighter content of iron (nails, etc.) It would hit harder on deeper bullets.. I find that the F19 in open ground will still hit on the deeper bullets, but the tone is a lighter, softer sound. I highly recommend using headphones with the F19. Where the F19 excels is in the highly concentrated areas of iron. Non-ferrous targets seem to clearly stand-out amongst the nails, and they seem to ID well on the screen along with the clear tone.

GB vs. F19- I think they are essentially the same machine aside from the 5x10 coil that comes with the F19. My Gold Bug DP had the 11" coil you see on the F75s. In the heavy iron, the 5x10 coil is more ideal for the targets hiding in between the nails. For BOTH machines, they hit extremely well on low conductors and small targets. With the new F-19, small stuff like .22 bullets and shells ring loud and clear. Sure, we aren't looking for those, but a gold dollar will sound essentially the same as a .22 shell.

I know I'm rambling a bit, but honestly, its all about quantity for me. At the end of the day, the F19 will produce the most relics (at least for the sites I hunt with thousands of square nails).

If you're looking for something more specific, feel free to ask.

Jeff

Terrific finds, Jeff. Looks like you've done very good with any machine you've used. I prefer a small coil in the trashy sites too. Really helps me zero in on the better sounding targets

Back
Top Bottom