headphones for a nox 600

bxlarry

Help
I bought a Miccus SR 71 head set. I have been told by the Miccus people
I will continue to have trouble trying to pair it with my Nox 600.I have tried everything. Can anyone recommend a decently priced headset that will work

Help
I will continue to have trouble trying to pair it with my Nox 600.I have tried everything. Can anyone recommend a decently priced headset that will work

1. Turn everything off.

2. Do a factory reset of the detector by holding down the power button until you see "FP". The detector should now be on.

3. Press and release the detector's wireless headphone button. The detector will first try to pair with Minelab's wireless WM08 module, and then look for Bluetooth devices for several minutes. Plenty of time to get the headphones ready.

3. Press and HOLD the power button on the headphones. First you'll hear the power on notification. Don't let go. Next you'll hear the "attempt to pair" notification. Now let go.

4. Hold the headphones next to the detector. They should pair within 30 seconds or so. When they pair you'll see a headphone icon on the screen.

Once they've been paired, you "shouldn't" need to pair them again unless you do a factory reset of the detector. You'll just need to turn both devices on.

If the above doesn't work, then I'd suggest attempting to pair any bluetooth headphones just to make sure the problem isn't with the detector.

Help

I have used the TRONDS headphones for months, bought thru Amazon, and they work great. A friend who bought the 600 about a month ago, also bought the TROND HPs and his 600 work just fine. I paired his to my 600. They cost right at $60.

"TROND Bluetooth V4.2 Headphones Wireless with Mic Over Ear"

I read at Amazon, the Miccus SR-71 BT 5.0 does not work with metal detectors. Up to BT version 4.2 does.

Oh, that's interesting. I just looked around and it seems lots of people have been reporting the same issue after Miccus updated their firmware to 5.0.

I'm going to assume Miccus isn't the actual manufacturer, and both Miccus and Minelab are getting them from the same third party built to different specs. After all, Minelab needs to continue getting the 4.2 firmware version of the headphones to ensure compatibility with the Equinox.

Miccus SR-71 head phones

Discovered that Miccus headphones are 5.0. Minelab is 4.2, they never upgraded to 5.0. That seems to be the problem.
Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:
There are at least 1/2 dozen manufactures selling the Miccus SR-71 under different names.
They are made in China. Minelab is just one of the manufacturers.

You can still find the miccus in v4.2 that does work.

I don’t understand why they don’t work as Bluetooth is backwards compatible. I have soundpeats q12 low latency and they are 5.0 and work perfect but they quit making them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered the Miccus SR-71 from Metaldetectingstuff last night as they were advertised as the 4.2 version and today Wayne called and said they would not work with the Equinox.
That they were the 5.0 version.
SteveG said he tested the Miccus SR-71 5.0 Headphones and they paired with the Equinox.
So I’m at a loss as to what works and what may not.

Miccus problems

I can tell you for sure. The Miccus 5.0 headphones will not pair properly with the Minelab 4.2 head set. I have had them for 2 months now and nothing but problems. I have a call into Minelab to see if they plan on updating to 5.0.
I will keep you advised.

I got tired of trying to pair up with wireless headphones and reading all the conflicting info as to what works and what doesn't . So I just went and bought a Minelab WM 08
module and hooked it up to the stock , wired headphones that came with my Nox 600 .
Works fine for me . I stick the module and the excess wire ( rolled up and bound ) in my shirt pocket . My detector is not tethered to anything .

I got tired of trying to pair up with wireless headphones and reading all the conflicting info as to what works and what doesn't . So I just went and bought a Minelab WM 08

module and hooked it up to the stock , wired headphones that came with my Nox 600 .

Works fine for me . I stick the module and the excess wire ( rolled up and bound ) in my shirt pocket . My detector is not tethered to anything .

I hate the stock headphones on the 600, I feel they are very cheaply made. They are flimsy and I don’t like the sound quality.

I hate the stock headphones on the 600, I feel they are very cheaply made. They are flimsy and I don’t like the sound quality.

I wouldn't say that they're cheaply made...mine are holding up just fine....but i agree the sound quality is a bit off. I think they over-emphasize the mid-low range frequencies.

I wouldn't say that they're cheaply made...mine are holding up just fine....but i agree the sound quality is a bit off. I think they over-emphasize the mid-low range frequencies.

Your spot on the sound problem. Maybe my set was just a bad set. They are more wobbly than a 10$ Xbox headset and that’s saying a lot. I honestly feel like they are gonna fall apart.

Your spot on the sound problem. Maybe my set was just a bad set. They are more wobbly than a 10$ Xbox headset and that’s saying a lot. I honestly feel like they are gonna fall apart.

You must have gotten a bad set mine don't wobble at all . You may want to give Minelab a call .

These are either an OEM or clone of the ML80s and they pair just fine, "+" and all...

AKSONIC Athelete Bluetooth Headphones Over Ear Headset V5.0 aptX Low Latency Wireless with Mic, Dual Device Connection, Comfortable Protein Leather Earpads Works with Metal Detector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WGMT883/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_ky7kEbVNWR1WT

These are almost the same thing as the Miccus sr71 stealth. These say they are 5.0 Wonder what the difference is ?
I might give these a try, Thanks for posting this jl1252

These are almost the same thing as the Miccus sr71 stealth. These say they are 5.0 Wonder what the difference is ?
I might give these a try, Thanks for posting this jl1252

I just bought a pair and they are identical to the ML80s. They paired right up (+) and sound the same.

Back
Top Bottom