Tot Lot

history buff

I have a TL I go to when I am feeling lazy and dont wont to do any hard digging. This place has alway coughed up lots of clad and a piece of jewelry about every time. The last 2 times I have been skunked. Have I got it drained or someone else found my honey pot:laughing:

I have a TL I go to when I am feeling lazy and dont wont to do any hard digging. This place has alway coughed up lots of clad and a piece of jewelry about every time. The last 2 times I have been skunked. Have I got it drained or someone else found my honey pot:laughing:

I have experienced the same thing. One of the first places I really had a lot of finds and success is now a mere shadow of what it was...

I think someone else is in the box/lot....

HDD

My TL's are dry too (?) not doing so good at the local park either. I tried a lot next to where a Taco truck used to park and got a few clad coins (not many).

The tot lots at the parks near my work have yet to yield anything much. One of them, they recently redid with chopped up tire chunks. There are tons of targets there now - all the brass valves to those tires or the tubes.

I do like tot lots for the ease of just kicking the chips aside. Why I like dry sand too, no digging! Haha.

If there is any incline near the totlot, go there as well as any shaded space near the totlot. Think of those parents who would rather just sit nearby and watch their kids play. The hills near the totlot are always good for things falling out of pockets. If you have the right gear and the knees to do it, get under the equipment especially if the equipment surfaces are big enough for coins. My sniper coil finds quite a bit that way.

Totlots dry up unless it's at a school. I have a totlot behind my house where I'll go to scratch the itch. These days I might go once a month for any fresh drops because I doubt there's much there. Over the past couple seasons I've beaten that park to death. A couple weeks ago I saw two guys show up with eTracs at my 4-acre park and leave in less than a half hour.

So go outside the lot a bit but be prepared for pulltab city.

Back
Top Bottom