Do you EDC a knife while metal detecting?

needler420

Elite Member
I usually carry my Schrade SCMF manilla folder. It weighs half a pound, A little over 8 ounces. So it makes a good throwing object too.:laughing:

HKlYzNT.jpg

PVMovdm.jpg

Beauty of a Knife and one heck of a slab of silver! I carry a custom MudPupMachete, its always with me...in case of zombies...or whatnot...

I take Brazilian Tramontina blades, spring steel, drill off the factory grip, and affix a long Native Ash handle...

Attachments

• machete.jpg
    machete.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 573
  • machete3.jpg
    machete3.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
My digging shovel works for zombies. It's a cold steel tactical shovel. All the ends are sharp. You can throw this thing into trees.

Q5PHoEI.jpg

Not the best self defense item but would be effective if necessary and not a big deal near schools. It does make a great pocket tool though.

19-skeletool-cx.png

If I know I'm not going to be around a school this isn't my CCW anyway.

Never without a knife. You know, a knife is a funny thing. Most people don't carry one. However, when you do, you don't know what you did before you had one. All the sudden you're using it every day.

A fourty inch ground shark shovel. Sometimes in parks when I can spot guys watching me, am I alert, curious about my equipment and what it may be worth. I worked in a prison in California for almost 20 years and you get to know when someone is sizing you up. My ground shark hanging on my shoulder just looks “ nasty”, its easy to maneuver and has a long thin blade, one side serrated. It is also great for going after deep targets .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've carried knives my whole life, even in grade school. Usually have several blades on me. With one for my money clip, and a Leatherman always..

This one is my money clip, it's matte black, cannot be seen in hand if it's dark out.. Kershaw Speedsafe, USA, spring assist..

<°)))>{

Attachments

• prod_2949346422.jpeg
    prod_2949346422.jpeg
    7 KB · Views: 499
Living with forest and some heavy underbrush on 3 sides of our property good knives can come in handy even outside at home, though I have many smaller knives, my two largest are my cheap but neat Harbor Freight survival knife with survival stuff in the handle, and more recently a handmade Bolo knife David sent me from when he had his wife bring back some handmade Bolo knives from the Philippines.
survivalknife.jpg
Bolo1.jpg

A fourty inch ground shark shovel. Sometimes in parks when I can spot guys watching me, am I alert, curious about my equipment and what it may be worth. I worked in a prison in California for almost 20 years and you get to know when someone is sizing you up. My ground shark hanging on my shoulder just looks “ nasty”, its easy to maneuver and has a long thin blade, one side serrated. It is also great for going after deep targets .

Welcome! I enjoyed your First Post! I bet you got some stories about Life and detecting and being aware and all that would be of benefit!! Post on Brother!

I carry a Leatherman Charge+ TTI everywhere I go. It’s like having a tiny toolbox on your belt. Love it.

e549d13f9978943fa0e85a1e42504f52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from another Californian . Yup , that's one thing about California , it seems like someone is always trying to size you up for one thing or another and it's usually not something good !:lol:

I never go anywhere without a trustworthy blade! I keep a White River Knife and Tool Backpacker in horizontal carry on my detecting belt since I can't get to my pocketed PM2 when I'm bent over cutting a plug. Nice affordable little fixed blade. Hasn't had to come out for protection so far, but if it does I don't mind that S30V flashing in the sun as a little warning...:D

Attachments

• In sheath.jpg
    In sheath.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 440
  • pulled.jpg
    pulled.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 448
I’m a pocket knife junkie. I have a knife for every occasion. This is the knife that resides in my metal detecting belt. I use it for cutting plugs or roots or self defense if needed.

Spyderco tenacious

I like that one Oldsjunkie.

I carry a Leatherman Wave everyday.

Attachments

• 291643BB-CB16-4BDF-951D-9B31568AEE29.jpg
    291643BB-CB16-4BDF-951D-9B31568AEE29.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 416
I need a sheath like that made and designed for the length of a balisong with a pocket clip so that it can be pocket clipped and inside the pocket.

I don't like carrying my balisong loose. It's half a pound so it pulls my pants down. And loose in my pockets other metal dings it.

Back
Top Bottom