Fisher Impulse AQ (unlimited model) release date and cost data

mmmm

I might go 2000 if it comes with 2 coils and sweet headphones , that is about it , above that expect weak sales , pulse machines have been around forever , the DF will come close to that, and might add , not all hunters are going to be digging 19 inches all the time , i was expecting maybe 2k , max - with both coils , hype will not get Fisher 3500 :no::laughing: , thanks for posting TNSS PS Russ Stated the electronics are the same as the limited under at 1500 , no matter how much you stir the kettle , the cool aid won't get any richer :quote: Ps for that 2500 price tag , the Fisher 5 year warranty needs to come with it to with a 200 foot depth dive rating :roll: :yes: Battery upgrade plus 8 inch = 1500 limited + Battery upgrade 100 + 8 inch coil with the 12 max 300 , nice headphones 100 = 2k - with the same electronics as the 1st limited version :realitycheck: PS I will buy one at 2k , but expect me to buy a used Jeep at 3500 :roll::laughing:

Last edited:

Attachments

• 152269304_499354748124007_8597210092705937959_n.jpg
    152269304_499354748124007_8597210092705937959_n.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,130
Thanks OBN

2k with 2 coils , nice phones , upgraded battery , ill place my order , been waiting forever for the final version , herd April , how about MAY before the holiday ! I check there site all the time , they need to keep us updated with info ON THE FISHER SITE, no updates in a long long time :no: happy hunting buddy!

I can't believe Surfy's post. 1st time THE KOB actually agrees 100% with it. I just don't see the value of what the cost MIGHT be for the beaches I hunt. Nowhere near anything that was said late last year. Even now Russ said MAYBE a release in July. But was waiting for 2 current testers of the final machine. Yet could not give really any specifics except hyping it up even more. There was just a generalization. Who knows ? Well...I think 1 or 2 guys know but can't say anything. Why hype something for YEARS that may never come to fruition ? I've just never been into a business model like that. I wish the best for guys who pony up for it.

As for the DF, I would think there is a huge difference in what the audio tells you with the AQ, plus the DF coil is more difficult to swing in the water, and battery life not as good. Not as good with small targets either due to longer sample delay. Still, both likely to see the same gold ring at normal depths. I don’t really need to add another detector to the many I already have unless I can feel confident selling off two or more it replaces. When I started I had no idea I would have this many and still want more.

Ham

Yep Agree , April I will have my tax money back , July long gone , a sinking ship , doesn't get :gettinmoney::violin: April on release , gets the beans , mid season release better be under 1500 clams for me to shuck !:realitycheck:

Well I don't think this machine is going to be mainstream and may not even be a success. It was billed as the end all for Salt Water. I have been in direct contact with users and from what I have seen it indicates maybe just the opposite?

I really don't like a machine that has to be held off the ground. The amount of trash dug with this machine is incredible. It will not work in the active wave wash.

Unless their are unforeseen changes with this machine, well, I wish them the best of luck.

Wait what happens when it touches the ground? I get an inch of extra depth by shoving the excal into the sand

Well from what i know about the machines..... there needs to be some fixes .... and what are we getting for that double price tag? This maybe one of the deepest PIs ever in the salt water.... something to have but its not a daily user for most of us.... it would be seasonal here in Fl. Most of the machines get 8 to 10" and recent drops is whats mostly hunted. Its a bit noiser than it should be.... yes you can make adjustments... but then you are going backward. I tell you ... Fisher is acting like they never introduced/marketed a machine before.... they are all over the map.... the misinformation or just bad information is hurting a very deep machine. For those who have a huge tide swing .... this machine could be just the thing. I know i could have used it in St Augustine some time back..... theres a LOT of sand to cover with not so many targets. It seems to be plain and simple a deep PI that some will like..... but not if it spends months in the shop and doesnt have a transferable warranty for resale. Id still like to play around with one.... but not at $3500 and digging 19" for a fish hook is a little much for me.... i know to know after the first scoop if its a leaver-right.

Ummm...No!

Do you have one? This is what I was told from one of the testers. Look at some Vids on youtube and ask yourself why their holding the coil off the ground.

In fact, find me a test Vid where the user is sweeping with ground contact.

If your holding yours on the ground how much did you have to de-tune it?

PS this is a random vid pulled off YouTube and NOT the tester I have talked to!

https://youtu.be/MkhNzbgX4e0

Haha, here we go again. The next "cat's meow" machine that's supposed "spank everything", blah blah. So we all grow glossy-eyed with giddy anticipation, eh ? :shock: But lo & behold, all the "insane sensitivity" and "cross-over-ability" and "deeper", and "sumberged depth ability" comes with devil-in-details gotchas :roll:

Haha, here we go again. The next "cat's meow" machine that's supposed "spank everything", blah blah. So we all grow glossy-eyed with giddy anticipation, eh ? :shock: But lo & behold, all the "insane sensitivity" and "cross-over-ability" and "deeper", and "sumberged depth ability" comes with devil-in-details gotchas :roll:

Your right Tom, I Love my AQ but one thing for sure, it's not the Holy Grail of detectors. Now it is the deepest water machine I know of, but if your buying it because it discriminates your going to be very disappointed. AS far as the price, keep it high... the less chance I'll see any around here..:D

Your right Tom, I Love my AQ but one thing for sure, it's not the Holy Grail of detectors. Now it is the deepest water machine I know of, but if your buying it because it discriminates your going to be very disappointed. AS far as the price, keep it high... the less chance I'll see any around here..:D

Hey Joe

Good to see you on the keys! In talking with Joe for sometime now, I understand why the AQ works well there. I also understand the only two things in common in the beaches we hunt is Salt Water. Everything else is different!

Actually I would like to see an AQ here!!! :cool3:

I agree. I do switch from 'all metal' to 'tone' to filter out some of the digging.

Back
Top Bottom