TRX Facelift!

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
I bought a replacement skin for my Whites TRX. The old skin was 4 years old, but still in good shape. The rubber power button cover showed some tenure and I'd read that the speaker cover allows crud in after a lot of use. I saved the old skin just in case. You can always do something stupid and brake a skin. Whites is out of business ya know.

It looks totally new and still pin points perfectly.

Attachments

• 15FAF6E8-35A0-4942-A74F-592613AB6E89.jpg
    15FAF6E8-35A0-4942-A74F-592613AB6E89.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 382
Great job, I have a tip protector on mine and so far no issues. I am hoping that Garrett gets off their duff and keeps the tip only TRX in their sales inventory. Their present pinpointer works fine but that up the shaft does not work for me. I like to pinpoint not just locate the general area the find is in.

Good job Martin !! Whites going out of business really disappointed me.

It has really been a solid performer over 4 years of use. The detection range is as it was when new and that means tops in my pinpointer collection. I figured that even though the original skin wasn’t worn down, I’d take out possibly of any foreign matter or moisture getting inside.

I’ve enjoyed my past Garretts but have gifted or sold all of them. Their detection range lessened in under 2 years. In fairness, I’ve been using a Fisher F-pulse in tandem for two years with the TRX. That pointer is rock solid in range. I get 3 inches on that one, almost as good as the TRX. They make a good team and look like neither will ever break down, just like a good dog. Dependable and always ready to hunt ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_5782.jpeg
    IMG_5782.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
I bought a replacement skin for my Whites TRX. The old skin was 4 years old, but still in good shape. The rubber power button cover showed some tenure and I'd read that the speaker cover allows crud in after a lot of use. I saved the old skin just in case. You can always do something stupid and brake a skin. Whites is out of business ya know.

It looks totally new and still pin points perfectly.

Where did you get the new case? I love my trx, but its getting some time on it and I may need a new cover before too long.

Where did you get the new case? I love my trx, but its getting some time on it and I may need a new cover before too long.

I got the last black one Serious Detecting had. There are many vendors of pink and lime green. I don't know if anyone still has the black ones.

It has really been a solid performer over 4 years of use. The detection range is as it was when new and that means tops in my pinpointer collection. I figured that even though the original skin wasn’t worn down, I’d take out possibly of any foreign matter or moisture getting inside.

I’ve enjoyed my past Garretts but have gifted or sold all of them. Their detection range lessened in under 2 years. In fairness, I’ve been using a Fisher F-pulse in tandem for two years with the TRX. That pointer is rock solid in range. I get 3 inches on that one, almost as good as the TRX. They make a good team and look like neither will ever break down, just like a good dog. Dependable and always ready to hunt ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the photo !! Thanks for including it.

Just ordered a new shell. I had been looking at what’s available in pinpointers and couldn’t find any that just detect on the tip like the trx. Of what’s available I did like the features of the xp mi4. However I don’t think it detects at only the tip. Hopefully with the new shell my trx will keep going for another few years.

trx pointer

I sold mine a while back. I'm really sorry I did. would like to have another one but guess they or hard to find now.

Great job, I have a tip protector on mine and so far no issues. I am hoping that Garrett gets off their duff and keeps the tip only TRX in their sales inventory. Their present pinpointer works fine but that up the shaft does not work for me. I like to pinpoint not just locate the general area the find is in.

Maybe Whites should have got off their duff and not gone out of business. It's not Garrett's responsibility to continue the TRX.

Maybe Whites should have got off their duff and not gone out of business. It's not Garrett's responsibility to continue the TRX.

Being that Garrett bought out Whites, it seems only logical that they would want to continue a very popular product under the Garrett name. The TRX had a reputation with many that stated it outperformed the Carrot in many ways.

garett bought whites for

I don't like to spread rumors, but I heard from, what I thank was a realible source that the reason garrett bought whites was so they could block anyone from opening another company using whites name. oh well we will see.

I don't like to spread rumors, but I heard from, what I thank was a realible source that the reason garrett bought whites was so they could block anyone from opening another company using whites name. oh well we will see.

Makes sense.

Although I'm sure there was at least some IP worth taking and selling under the Garrett name.

Being that Garrett bought out Whites, it seems only logical that they would want to continue a very popular product under the Garrett name. The TRX had a reputation with many that stated it outperformed the Carrot in many ways.

I'd be surprised if they sold the TRX under the Garrett name, given how popular the Carrot is. Not to mention, it would probably result in cannibalized sales.

However, if they come out with a "Carrot Version 2" it might incorporate some of the TRX's characteristics...

It's not incumbent upon Garrett to continue a product if they choose not to. The Carrot has been a resounding success and continues to be. It's a great pointer which I much prefer over the TRX. Up the shaft detection means quicker detection of the target. Garrett isn't and won't be at fault if a tip only pointer isn't produced. It has nothing to do with Garrett getting off their duff. That's on Whites. Would you qualify Nokta, XP or Fisher not getting off their duff to produce a tip only pointer ?

I'd be surprised if they sold the TRX under the Garrett name, given how popular the Carrot is. Not to mention, it would probably result in cannibalized sales.

However, if they come out with a "Carrot Version 2" it might incorporate some of the TRX's characteristics...

Maybe they could have a 2 button control that would allow it to be an either or pointer. 360 degree up the shaft or tip only with the extra button toggling between the two.

Maybe they could have a 2 button control that would allow it to be an either or pointer. 360 degree up the shaft or tip only with the extra button toggling between the two.

Or maybe the ability to use 9V or AA batteries...

Back
Top Bottom