Scuba in Aruba. Pirate From the Cold After the Gold

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Well folks, my next post will be from Aruba. I will be there Saturday afternoon and hopefully in the water by 5pm. My CZ-21 and Equinox 800 are packed and ready to go. Along with my Nemo, scoop, wetsuit, weights, regulator, float and everything else I could get into two suitcases.

I have three batteries for the Nemo in my carry on, 12 batteries for my CZ-21 in my carry on and I am hoping I didn't forget anything. I also have two masks. One with my GoPro mounted to it and my favorite mask. If clear enough I will take some video of me finding a bottle top or something.

My friend Greg will be wading but he has his family to be with a lot. I have nobody but the ocean to deal with. I might fight with a one armed bandit a few evenings. Will see how it goes.

Never been there. Hopefully a relaxing 8 days of warmer weather and sun.

Knowing you, you'll also come to the rescue of some distraught person who's lost their ring, or dropped something overboard. Good luck ! Have fun !

Have a great trip, Robert! Enjoy the unique detecting opportunity! :grin:

What if you find so much treasure , make new friends....that you relocate down there. Starting your own Scuba Adventures and Recovery business ?

Ironically, he'll probably do better on the slots than in the ocean.:laughing::roll:

Roger

Hope you have some really great detecting hunts there Robert !!!!
Scuba animated cartoon5_225.gif
......and hope the weather is warmer when you get back home or you you might turn around and go back for another week or so :lol:

Aruba

Hope you have some really great detecting hunts there Robert !!!!
View attachment 480706
......and hope the weather is warmer when you get back home or you you might turn around and go back for another week or so :lol:

If he is having a great time and making those great finds may be will extend his stay there this trip . What a perfect place for some one who loves to dive. :laughing: Also the lack of cold water would be a big plus

Thanks for all the good luck wishes. No way will I start a business or move. I am content right where I am actually. Retired and happy. Even if I find a few coins only I will be happy I am back in the water.

I am also excited to come home also. I can uncover my boats and get ready here. Going to Maryland and Wisconsin to look at two new toys and try to make an educated decision on one or the other or wait for another. LOL I seem to be a poet lately.

Will try to post. Hopefully I see something worth filming under water

Last edited:
Thanks for all the good luck wishes. No way will I start a business or move. I am content right where I am actually. Retired and happy. Even if I find a few coins only I will be happy I am back in the water.

I am also excited to come home also. I can uncover my boats and get ready here. Going to Maryland and Wisconsin to look at two new toys and try to make an educated decision on one or the other or wait for another. LOL I seem to be a poet lately.

Will try to post. Hopefully I see something worth filming under water

Neve say never you could fall in love with the place , could see you living the life in the tropics , running a recovery and diving business a new pirate ship at your command. :laughing: :pirates::pirate2: :workforgold: :detector::tropical: bet there are lots of lost i phones there as well by the tourist HAVE A GREAT AND FUN TRIP

Well folks, my next post will be from Aruba. I will be there Saturday afternoon and hopefully in the water by 5pm. My CZ-21 and Equinox 800 are packed and ready to go. Along with my Nemo, scoop, wetsuit, weights, regulator, float and everything else I could get into two suitcases.

I have three batteries for the Nemo in my carry on, 12 batteries for my CZ-21 in my carry on and I am hoping I didn't forget anything. I also have two masks. One with my GoPro mounted to it and my favorite mask. If clear enough I will take some video of me finding a bottle top or something.

My friend Greg will be wading but he has his family to be with a lot. I have nobody but the ocean to deal with. I might fight with a one armed bandit a few evenings. Will see how it goes.

Never been there. Hopefully a relaxing 8 days of warmer weather and sun.

So excited for you man. I look forward to my Caribbean trip, next year. I always have visions of finding Rolexes and 30" 18K half-pound gold chains. LOL

Good luck!

Scuba should be getting on a plane in just a few hours , let the adventure begin , go get that treasure Scuba . Keep us in the loop on your finds .

Back
Top Bottom