Coil covers

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
There has been some discussion about the use of coil covers lately with the new 12" coil coming out for the Trascci MDT without one. It seems a lot has to do with the coil. Ive seen them on the Xcal and some others where you could almost see the coils near the surface and if you got coil separation you knew it quickly. This coils is made harder and im assured the cable isnt near the bottom. More like the picture here i thought id show of an Eric Foster provided to my by a friend. I dont think id seen a coil cut in half before. Apparently you can now order the coils .... got mine coming thru Thomas Dankowski here in Fl who is now testing it. Im sure he will put something up once hes done.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 174
Yeah I've never used coil covers and have never worn any coils out. The equinox has the sharp lips that hold cover on and in grass you really could not go without a cover due to the sharp edges digging in. But I fixed that issue recently.

This is what I've mentioned all along. Perfect picture. Now , take that cable and box that out into 1/4 of what it is now. Couldn't a coil be made much lighter , narrower , etc ? Why so much insulation ? I'm not a coil engineer , but does this make sense to you guys ?

What I'd like to see is a coil designed more hydrodynamically (aerodynamically) to cut trough the water with the least amount of resistance. A thinner/narrower coil like KOB suggests with this improvement would be great. I guess the cross section would probably look like an oval.

Back
Top Bottom