Garrett Ace 400

hardground

would like some advice as to what basic setting I should set my detector on. I have been detecting parks and my own yard and not having much luck. my house was built in 1934 and I feel there must be some coins somewhere. Thank for any advice

The first really decent machine I had was an ace 400, it's a great machine. I had hundreds of hours on it and found some amazing stuff. The 400 is a very basic detector, all of the modes only change the discrimination pattern and nothing else like separation or recovery speed. I always jacked the sensitivity as high as possible without having emi issues, and used jewelry mode with the first block notched out. If in an area with a lot of iron. Without an iron audio volume control the iron grunts get really annoying after a while. The key is to go slow as it has a pretty slow recovery speed. If there's good stuff there the 400 will find it. Learning what it's saying is the key. Good luck!

The first really decent machine I had was an ace 400, it's a great machine. I had hundreds of hours on it and found some amazing stuff. The 400 is a very basic detector, all of the modes only change the discrimination pattern and nothing else like separation or recovery speed. I always jacked the sensitivity as high as possible without having emi issues, and used jewelry mode with the first block notched out. If in an area with a lot of iron. Without an iron audio volume control the iron grunts get really annoying after a while. The key is to go slow as it has a pretty slow recovery speed. If there's good stuff there the 400 will find it. Learning what it's saying is the key. Good luck!

Location is really key, I ran my Ace 250 with sensitivity as high as possible and all metal with iron notch off.

Run either relic mode or jewelry mode with the sensitivity cranked as high as it will go before it falses or has emi issues. Use the iron audio to check signals.

Maybe try different locations.

Ace 400 advice

would like some advice as to what basic setting I should set my detector on. I have been detecting parks and my own yard and not having much luck. my house was built in 1934 and I feel there must be some coins somewhere. Thank for any advice

I would like to thank everyone that submitted their advice. They were all very helpful. I hope I posted this reply in the right place.

Simply put it in "coins" mode, one or two notches below max sensitivity and start swinging.....If you're still not finding anything try a new site.

My settings were (after an extended try) was to set it in the "off" position and then set it in the box and return it to the store. No ground balance made it impossible to hunt some areas and because of the limited sensitivity the depth was minimum.

I live in northwest Ohio and had very good success with my Ace 400. Location and research is a big factor. I hunted many old home sites where the house no longer exist, also parks. This being said lots of square nails were left behind. But with patience you can sort through and find some very good items. Lots of interesting relics can be found at time. If your machine is chattery and not stable turn the sensitivity down until the machine is quiet. Here's a list of items that I found with my Ace 400. I hope this is encouraging to you best of luck!

Ace 400 Aug 2016 - Oct 2018 Oldest coin 1773 4 Maravedies Spain/ (1)Walker (8) Merc (9) Rosie (2) Barb (2)Seated Dime (4) seatedQuarter (3) WashQuarter (47) IHP (1)War Nickel (1)Buff (23) tokens (1)Gold ring (1)Gold Necklace (8)Silver rings (1)Silver Necklace

Back
Top Bottom