1st coin cashe!

Very cool find. Some little kid back in the 50's was BUMMED to have lost that, poor guy!

That is so cool! Congrats on the wheat cents! :clapping:

Now that will ruin your Silver to Wheat ratio real fast. Still a very welcomed recovery. Congrats John on digging a full Coin Purse. Trapper

Great coin-purse story. Love the "reveal" photos :)

That's a really cool find!! You would think out of 33 coins in a coin purse you would have got some silvers.

Congrats on a really awesome find! I'd love to find a small change purse filled with coins like that someday.

Man that hurts. I know the feeling though. I have also come across a coin purse full of wheats and only wheats. 50 total in my purse. Quite a let down for what it could be and for how few times one detectorist might find something like this. But a great find still not many will have. I posted mine here if you want to check it out. Good luck to you in the future.

Nice find. I see you have a 1955 D wheat penny. Some of those were double struck and very valuable.

When I was about 6 years old I got a 55 D double die as change. I thought it was interesting, but put it in my pocket and later spent it. Really wish I'd kept it as its worth a lot now!

33 cents back in 1955 would have around the same purchasing power of 3 dollars today.
Thinking that was probably a kid’s coin purse. Cool find!

That's awesome. I've seen a lot of people find coin purses but their usually empty. Nice save.

Thats really cool, you dont see that very often...if only some silver was in there too. Still thats a nice collection of wheats! Congrats!

That's very cool - congrats !

OUTSTANDING FIND ! You are right, probably every coinshooter has imagined/ dreamed of finding a full coin purse. I know I have. A once in a lifetime find, again congrats. HH Mark

Now that's a pretty cool find.

Oh wow. That's really cool! You think this was a lost item or buried on purpose?

Awesome find, the anticipation would have me sweating!

That is so cool!!

That's a very cool find! Congrats.

That’s a fun find! Would love finding something like that, congrats!

Nice find...….I'd have opened it right away:D

No silver!!??:crybaby:

Very cool find. Some little kid back in the 50's was BUMMED to have lost that, poor guy!

Very cool dig! congrats.

Pennies back in 1955 could actually buy you something!

That coin purse loaded with wheaties is so cool! :cool3: I would love to find something like that. :woot:

That's cool! The coin purse kept them in great condition.

Thank you everyone, gonna be hard to top this.

Like someone else said, that was probably a kid's burial.

I'm sure you were rooting for silver, but that's a wonderful consolation prize. WTG!

Back
Top Bottom