ETRAC users

Monkeys Uncle

What are your favorite/best settings for jewelry and for gold? I used to hunt coins/silver (high pitch tones) primarily, but would like to transition. I've probably walked over/ignored a lot of low tone goodies. TIA!!!

I don’t have an etrac but do have an Explorer and CTX. You’re entering some difficult grounds Monkey, and “Ground-Difficult” ain’t gonna help you now! Location is just way more important than specific settings, trying to dodge tabs and such in lieu of gold....not a thing. I know full well what you’re trying to do, I’ve run out of high conductors around here too, and to be able to hunt SOMETHING without driving a million miles, I’ve thought the same thoughts you’re thinking. You can try digging a “range” on and close to the 12 line, but it’s a tough gig. You’re going to have to be exasperated with a TON of BS. Swimming beaches, soccer fields, tot lots....might be a better bet, but those are well known venues for this kind of thing, and it takes NO talent or sophisticated machine to do that kind of hunting. Anyone can do that, and they do.
I’m hoping to see other input about ways to do this without someone crowing about “digging it all”.:lol:

Yea! Pretty much what I thought. Dug alot of pull tabs and alum slaw yesterday. Was hoping I could discriminate them...but not the case. :roll:

I’ve not had luck, unless my luck was pull tabs. Dug possibly thousands in 10 years and no gold. Currently 2 inches of dust on that machine.

FBS machines arent the best choice for land hunting gold jewelry. I do just fine with my old explorer, but I've been using it faithfully for years, on and off. Although machine choice does matter somewhat, location is key, and learning your machine is huge. No matter what, if your trying to dig land gold, your going to dig alot of trash IMO. What I do, if I get into a spot that's spitting out old high conductors, I'll dig the mid tones in that general area. The Etrac is a serious machine, and is still one of the best coinshooters out there IMO. Keep at it, the goodies will come when you least expect it!

I've found plenty of gold with FBS machines as another user said its all about location. I don't normally dig up a bunch of pull tab signals when at private property, but if I am at a beach or a park you bet I dig it all but iron

Back
Top Bottom