Aftermarket search coils for Fisher F2.

KampuskOp

Hey guys...

This spring is the first time that I have detected with my Fisher F2 that I bought late last fall.

I'm allready thinking of buying a minelab machine but would rather make some upgrades to my fisher to improve its preformance so I can finish out the year with it.

I have seen some large 12x10 butterfly coils made in Bulgaria. Made for the Fisher.

Should I consider one of these largee search coils, or stick to the Fisher name.

Also, my Fisher did not come with headphones. Which ones should I buy?

Any other upgrades that I should make?

I received my Minelab pro-pointer yesterday.

Thanks.

I only use the stock phones, so I can't help you with that. However, I used a 10x12 SEF Detech search coil and loved it. A bit more depth, better speration, more stable. It didn't do well with small gold in my opinion though.

Kellyco sells them and I think they are like $150.

If I were to do it all over again I would sell the F2, save the $150 and step up in machine. OR buy a 10" coil for cheap and save the $100 towards a new machine.

I have seen some buy a NEL Tornado for their F2 and posted they were very impressed with the depth and coverage.

Headphones, if you get a great pair it can be used with most any detector you every get into and there is something to be said for hearing every little difference in tones...even on lower end units but especially on higher end.

If you aim for something in the $30-40 range they can be good too.

I have a $30 pair of Sony's that work fine, and I also have a pair of Killer B's that are...the Bees Knees!

I have seen some buy a NEL Tornado for their F2 and posted they were very impressed with the depth and coverage.

Captain Morgan had a NEL coil on his F2 and I had the opportunity to use it for awhile. Nice coil. Heavy to me, but it was deep and accurate when pinpointing. They have a nice warranty as well from NEL.

Back
Top Bottom