garrett propointer AT

I know stupid question but are you sure you're in the right mode?

Turn it on and after it's ready press and hold the button for 3 seconds. The PP should beep and the light start flashing. Press the button again and it should beep 3 quick beeps to indicate mode 3 sensitivity.

Yeah, definitely know how to navigate the settings. But it never hurts to ask. ;)

No interference? What the heck is that noise? Sounds like a prison break

LOL. I live half a block off Wyatt Earp (Old Santa Fe Trail) and the railroad tracks run right next to Wyatt Earp. I'm just glad my house is well insulated so I don't hear them trains all night.

I know stupid question but are you sure you're in the right mode?

Turn it on and after it's ready press and hold the button for 3 seconds. The PP should beep and the light start flashing. Press the button again and it should beep 3 quick beeps to indicate mode 3 sensitivity.

I want to hunt in vibrate mode 3 maximum sensitivity. Takes a total of 7 button presses to get there.

Does the pin pointer have to be reset to vibrate 3 everytime you shut it off, or does it save ttphat setting until you change it?

Thanks.

I want to hunt in vibrate mode 3 maximum sensitivity. Takes a total of 7 button presses to get there.

Does the pin pointer have to be reset to vibrate 3 everytime you shut it off, or does it save ttphat setting until you change it?

Thanks.

It retains whatever mode it was in when you last used it.

I sure wish that more than two video testimonials would have been presented showing better ranges on this pointer than what Papaharley is seeing. I tested his myself. Where are the rest of the Propointer owners on this subject?

I am getting an AT in a few days though,,,i just had to know. I have a stash of fresh, HOT Duracell alkalines and will do air tests and report.

IMPO, I still seriously doubt these AT pointers can come close to 3 inches. If they do, where are the other owners who aren't chiming is, except to say, "These Propointer ATs get outstanding depth and sensitivity."

PapaHarley and I live within easy driving distance of Garretts. I suspect that one or both of us will drive down to Garretts, assuming my new one only shows 1/4 to 1/2 added detection increase of my original ProPointers.

I will let Y'all know my results in 3 days.

New buyers need to know if this is all hype. Martin

"Hype"? No one I've seen is "hyping" anything. All I've done is post my results. I saw someone say they wouldn't even get 2 1/2" and I knew I was getting that at least so I checked and posted the video. Now one thing I haven't tried is in the air. My ground is really saturated with iron so maybe that has an effect?

I assumed everyone was getting more than 2 1/2". Isn't that about what the standard PP gets only 1/2" less?

"Hype"? No one I've seen is "hyping" anything. All I've done is post my results. I saw someone say they wouldn't even get 2 1/2" and I knew I was getting that at least so I checked and posted the video. Now one thing I haven't tried is in the air. My ground is really saturated with iron so maybe that has an effect?

I assumed everyone was getting more than 2 1/2". Isn't that about what the standard PP gets only 1/2" less?

You show 3 inches-plus consistently. Am I seeing it wrong?

OK I see what you're saying. Something deliberately misleading; a deception.

My direct point is,,,even the best vids with new original Garretts ProPointers, WITHOUT super tuning, barely hits 2 inches on a nickel.

Three inches on the new AT is a 50% performance boost. I'm a Doubting Thomas, but not about you personally.

I'd simply like to see others show any such results.

Martin said absolutely No One was getting depth like that...then you showed him you are... Now he needs further proof...:lol:

Well I can understand your reluctance. There is a possibility something is different since no one else has come forward with the same results. I will try the midair test when I get home but after that there is little I can do. At that point I don't know what to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom