Preferred Pinpointer & Daily Use (Poll)

GetDiggin

Forum Supporter
Hello Everybody!
So I am very curious on everyone's favorite Pinpointer! This is NOT a "Argue" thread, but you can feel free to post why you prefer/enjoy the Pinpointer (can also ask other members questions about their favorites), but not to become a arguement thread. I did not see a Poll Option so I will regularly visit this thread and update it manually as people post their personal preference. I will keep it updated for ONE week from today, so this thread will run from 10/1/2015 - 10/8/2015. Again please feel free to post the reasons you choose the model you run, and also anything else about your experiences as long as it doesn't become a back and forth type deal, what I mean by "experiences" is like, what other Pinpointer you ran before, why you personally decided to change Pinpointers, what you miss about your old pinpointer, etc. If I forget a major Pinpointer, please let me know. I want this thread to possibly help someone make up their minds on a pinpointer choice, having them have the option to go through and read everyones "overall review" of their favorites, thanks.

• Tied for #2 Garrett Propointer (5)

• #1 Garrett Propointer AT (12)

• Tied for #3 Garrett Propointer II (2)

• Vulcan 360 (0)

• Tied for #2 Whites TRX (5)

• Whites Bullseye II (0)

• Makro Pinpointer (1)

• Nokta RS (0)

• Tied for #2 Deteknix XPointer (5)

• Deteknix Wader Li (0)

• Minelab Pro-Find 25 (1)

• Pistol Probe (0)

• Vibra Probe (0)

• Sun Ray (1)

• UniProbe or Pocket UniProbe (0)

• Tied for #3 Centech (2)

Last edited:
So I am going to go ahead and start it off with the Deteknix XPointer. I like it because it is reliable, affordable and great performing pinpointer. Although I will be trading it out as soon as I can afford to for the Deteknix Wader Li for the waterproofness and the Li rechargeable battery!

I've owned the Garrett Propointer, the Garrett Propointer AT, the Whites Bullseye 2 and the WHites Bullseye TRX. Personally I prefer the Garrett Propointer AT.

I loved the Garrett Propointer and used it for many years. I bought a TRX and really loved it for the deep hunting in the city park, but hated it for basic hunting because of the lack of side detection field like the Propointer. It made finding deep targets better but made finding shallow and targets out of the ground harder. The Propointer AT seemed to be the best of both worlds. Deeper than the Propointer and a side detection field.

Last edited:
I am curious, and this may have been asked elsewhere but I would like it here as well so its all in one place. What exactly is the difference between the Garrett Propointer and the Garrett Propointer AT? Is it just the Waterproof and Depth? Or is there more as well?

Thanks. HH,
Rich

ProPointer II is my new favorite since i don't need waterproof, sense adjustment, and orange of the carrot.

Guess no one wants to take part in the uber-est poll around in the history of thread polls! Lol

I vote Garrett Pro Pointer AT. I own a xpointer also but it's my backup.

Whites TRX. nubee that didn't know any better.

Sunray dx1 on my MXT Pro.

I've owned two Garrett pro pointers, both went to falsin in short order. The Sunray is really deep and it discriminates. You don't have to crack your headphones to hear your pinpointer. No need for expensive batteries. Then I just flip the MXT into all metal and your proximity to your target is represented audibly.

I'd vote for the X-Pointer today being it's $89 price and all that it does, 2-year warranty.

If I didn't already own two ProPointers I would definitely try the new Carrott. Not for the waterproof mind you, but for the fast detune to focus in on targets by simply tapping the button. If that pointer could hit 3" reliably???, it would be my total favorite, even though it's $40(30%) more than the X-pointer.

Today, it's the X-pointer here but I always carry the TRX in tandem since it hits deep with it's tip-only mode.

By pure performance, regardless of the cost, it would be the Garrett carrott even though I've never owned one.

I think the white trx is a great pin pointer only had it about a month but love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think I prefer my Centech over my Garrett, I don't like how the Garrett has so much range..

<°)))>{

I've owned two Garrett pro pointers, both shot craps plus both were sent in for repair no time same thing falsing. now use makro pin pointer very pleased so far.

I'm using the White's TRX. It has seriously improved my ability to 'pop' coins... no digging or plug cutting allowed in our local parks.

Previously I had a Bounty Hunter, which I notice is not even listed. I couldn't find a quarter in my pocket with that thing.

Back
Top Bottom