• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Two Silver Coins and Tea Service from the Forest

diggitydon

Had a bit of a metaldetecting accident over the weekend. Cut my finger good trying to extract a find from under a root and gashed the end of my finger. Ended up having to get a tetanus shot. sigh... I have a new pair of gloves now. :D

So after a short work day, I decided to hunt a local farm I received permission to hunt. Did find a whole lot and discovered that the owner as well as another relative hunted it hard. I didn't find a single coin! Very unusual for me. I did find this Brass bed knob though...

Brass bed knob:
picture.php

It made the old man smile when he saw it. I think he remembed the day it went missing. He showed me his workshop. He repairs nicklelodeans!!! The guy must be close to 90.

So I decided to hunt a park I first visited when I started detecting. There is a lot of acerage to this park that I haven't yet seen, so I hit a section of woods I've not had the displeasure to hunt. This place was freaky.

Take a look:
picture.php

This tree is typical of the forest in this section of the woods and I'm just wearing a sleeveless t-shirt, not fun. So I'm thinking no one else has hunted either for that reason. Here are the finds:

Empire Crafts Quadruple Plated Creamer with the handle broke off:
picture.php

It dates to about the 1960's and I found it about 4 inches down under thick brush. Here is a shot of the bottom:
picture.php

I also found some Silver coins! Two to be exact!!! First ... 1919 Merc!
picture.php

Second was a 1947 Rosie:
picture.php

It was a great day of hunting!!!
picture.php

Thanks for looking! HH and GL!

Don

Nice digs!!

Congrats on the silvers!!

That tree is either called Devils Walking Stick, or Hercules Club not sure which is which...

Either way, nasty...

<*)))>{

prickly wicket for sure

Nice digs!!

Congrats on the silvers!!

That tree is either called Devils Walking Stick, or Hercules Club not sure which is which...

Either way, nasty...

<*)))>{

Thanks for the id on the trees, Ice.

Ha! I'm not sure which caused me more blood loss... the trees or the mosquitos. It was worth it though to see the silver emerge from the dark forest floor.

Pleasure and pain. Why do we do this again? LOL! Nice finds. GL and HH. Matt
Had a bit of a metaldetecting accident over the weekend. Cut my finger good trying to extract a find from under a root and gashed the end of my finger. Ended up having to get a tetanus shot. sigh... I have a new pair of gloves now. :D

So after a short work day, I decided to hunt a local farm I received permission to hunt. Did find a whole lot and discovered that the owner as well as another relative hunted it hard. I didn't find a single coin! Very unusual for me. I did find this Brass bed knob though...

Brass bed knob:
picture.php

It made the old man smile when he saw it. I think he remembed the day it went missing. He showed me his workshop. He repairs nicklelodeans!!! The guy must be close to 90.

So I decided to hunt a park I first visited when I started detecting. There is a lot of acerage to this park that I haven't yet seen, so I hit a section of woods I've not had the displeasure to hunt. This place was freaky.

Take a look:
picture.php

This tree is typical of the forest in this section of the woods and I'm just wearing a sleeveless t-shirt, not fun. So I'm thinking no one else has hunted either for that reason. Here are the finds:

Empire Crafts Quadruple Plated Creamer with the handle broke off:
picture.php

It dates to about the 1960's and I found it about 4 inches down under thick brush. Here is a shot of the bottom:
picture.php

I also found some Silver coins! Two to be exact!!! First ... 1919 Merc!
picture.php

Second was a 1947 Rosie:
picture.php

It was a great day of hunting!!!
picture.php

Thanks for looking! HH and GL!

Don

I cut my finger on my lesche pulling out a barber dime, blood and silver, felt like a ritual sacrifice..... Nice finds !!!!!

Back
Top Bottom