• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Black and white photos

booker

Forum Supporter
I havnt taken many B/W photos but may start. Here is one from Rocky Mountain National park last weekend. If you have some to share post away
021.jpg

Last edited:
If you get some free time go to RMNP to the Bear Lake area. Some great hiking and lots of views

Here's 2 I shot across the street from my house on a foggy morning.
Sorry for the dots from the dirty scanner......:D
3rd was a color photo I shot of the same scene.

Attachments

• trains2007 002.jpg
    trains2007 002.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 159
  • trains2007 004.jpg
    trains2007 004.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 168
  • trains2007.jpg
    trains2007.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 172
Nice shots! Ever tried shooting black and white and developing with color chemicals? gives a nice sepia effect....i could have that backwards, it's been years since i've processed my own film....

B&W Photography is without a doubt my favorite form of photography. Here are some of my images.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This last one was worked a bit. In the digital darkroom the dark areas were burned in heavily. I dodged the greenery to give the ghostly look. A second image of the same thing was also combined but was shot out of focus to give the blurred look. When I shot film, I would have done the same thing in the traditional darkroom. It just would have taken a bit longer.

picture.php

I love all of the pics posted so far! There seems to be a lot of photographic talent onthis board.

Nice images all.
Doug

Detecto - You aren't using a Holga or Lomo are you (or TTV)? I love the very distinct look of those images.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom