garage sale find

patbick9

This has nothing to do with metal detecting, but I just wanted to show you guys my great find. I went to a garage sale over the weekend and saw this signed oil painting that I really liked. It is the size of something your would put behind you sofa or over a fireplace mantle. I paid $7.00 for it and took it home and looked up the artist on Ebay. Well, his paintings are selling between $300 and $1000. Woo Hoo. This makes up for not finding any gold yet md'ing.

Attachments

• DSCN1702.jpg
    DSCN1702.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 413
This reminds me of people that buy paintings for cheap and bring them onto Antique road show to see the worth..... And find out they are worth thousands. Some going for 20 grand or more. Keep your eye out there! Never know what you might come across!

Nice find Patbick9!

That is nice...Congrats.......At sales I always look for oils with signatures. Descent oils generally go up in value, even if the artist is an unknown.

I've had many decades of art experience and can tell you that pic is one that has a good feeling - subject & technique are attractive. Lots of times what one feels or does not feel is accurate as to how "good" it is. There's no chance it's a copy ? It sure would look good over your couch or fire place .

Why not send this pic to the artist in an email and see what he has to say. I would think you would get some kind of info on it - one way or the other. Don't mention selling it , just displaying it in your home. steve in so az

Once a hunter ...always hunting ...nice find ...that's a great painting....so Americana....HH

That looks like an Everett Woodson. He's a very collectible artist. The larger oil paintings similar to yours are pricey. Congrats.

That looks like an Everett Woodson. He's a very collectible artist. The larger oil paintings similar to yours are pricey. Congrats.

yes, it is Everett Woodson. I really like the painting and have it hanging behind my sofa. thanks

I've had many decades of art experience and can tell you that pic is one that has a good feeling - subject & technique are attractive. Lots of times what one feels or does not feel is accurate as to how "good" it is. There's no chance it's a copy ? It sure would look good over your couch or fire place .

Why not send this pic to the artist in an email and see what he has to say. I would think you would get some kind of info on it - one way or the other. Don't mention selling it , just displaying it in your home. steve in so az

thanks steve, that's a good idea. I have no intention of selling it. I bought it because I liked it, I didn't even consider looking up the artist until I got it home and thought about it. HH

Hi Emdees

no, I really just like to painting. Living near the water, you tend to get drawn to this type of artwork.

Nice painting! I agree with steve in so az, it might make the painting more interesting. My wife's grandmother was an artist, and she often wrote notes on the back of her paintings. It's pretty cool to drive by a farm that she did 50 years ago and still recognize it. Curt

Back
Top Bottom