CHEAP digging tool!

Brendanhusk

Heres what i picked up at my local lowes today, for only $9! it is made of GOOD quality steel, perhaps stainless, that is a good 1/8 in thick. not gonna bend on ya, and has a serated edge for root, and inch measurements down the middle. heres the link for it, should be at your local LOWES, hopefully you guys that need a quality tool can use this instead of the $40 Lesche tool.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_52620-63731...er&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?Ntt=transplanter

Nice looking tool, but if you stand on the handle to pop a piece of sod out (which most of us do), I'd bet money the tool will break between the handle and the blade (where it's thin). Lesche diggers ARE expensive, but if one has ever broken in half, I never heard of it. I held off buying one for a long time, but going thru a large assortment of garden tools and knives got old. A Lesche is a tool that ranks up there with the Garrett Pro Pointer........

Dusty

I've been using that same one Scuba Joe. Works pretty good but after 2 years I noticed mines bent where the handle meets the blade. Still working though. I think I'm going to invest in a Lesche soon. Think the quality and durability will be more than worth the price.

well the ones that you guys posted are pointy at the top in two spots, and i wanted more of a shovel look. but idk, i had my dad, who is quite strong push against the tool and i held the handle firm and it didnt BUDGE. it may be up there with the lesche in quality, it sure feels that way.

I've been using that same one Scuba Joe. Works pretty good but after 2 years I noticed mines bent where the handle meets the blade. Still working though. I think I'm going to invest in a Lesche soon. Think the quality and durability will be more than worth the price.

After using both..my takes, if you know someone who could weld the other side it would be much stronger.. For some reason they weld only one side.. some one some the other..

As for using both.. there is no joint with the lesche.. the blade and hadle are all one, making it stronger..I was able to get one on this forum with a deal, from bigboar.. anyway.. I hope this helps.. that digger is great, but a little extra will get you lesche.. if you have any question about either one.. let me know..

A quick look at the handle says "don't use if you're going to work in tough digging conditions (probably 85%-90% of the digging). The only thing that comes close to the quality and durability of the Lesche or Predator digging knives are the high quality Hori Hori garden knives (not the cheap ones). Hori Hori are a little lighter in build, but they are gardening tools, not treasure hunting tools. By the way, Lesche knife $35-40; quality Hori Hori knife $32-38, if I remember right. You pays your money. You takes your choices.

Lowes has one similar to the Fiskars with a blue handle $12 it is very strong and will last a very long time.

you guys must be trying to dig through cement... i think the Pennsylvania soil wont harm my digging tool i posted, but various conditions might... lol

The True Temper at Lowes has a life time "limited" warranty not sure what that means. I looked at one today and at $15 dollars i could not even afford that atm.:(

Most dealers have ones like this, they are under $15.00 and are built tough and really last, I have used one for years with no problems.

Attachments

• 601-1145-1-s.jpg
    601-1145-1-s.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,212
Most dealers have ones like this, they are under $15.00 and are built tough and really last, I have used one for years with no problems.
Wilcox also makes some great diggers and are really reasonably priced. Lesche makes a high quality digger but the blade on them is too straight for my liking, I like a digger with a bit of a scoop to the blade, helps to remove the dirt out of the hole.

Attachments

• 317CUB05fAL._SS500_.jpg
    317CUB05fAL._SS500_.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,226
I have one the one you listed at the top of this thread and it was a waste of money.

If you aren't going to spring for a Lesche, you should take that one back ASAP and get this one:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_248710-4834..._prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_product_quantity_sold|1

You can thank me later.... ;)

<D>

I broke the handle off my Fiskars the other day and ran into Lowes and picked up the planting tool that dmulk has.

I have to say it's pretty strong and well made. I'm a big guy and I've gotten pretty rough with it and I have not been able to make it flex. I think it is a stronger tool than the Fiskars.

Obviously it's no Lesche. I plan on making a tool of my own design and I just need something to get me by til I'm done.

I agree!!!

I broke the handle off my Fiskars the other day and ran into Lowes and picked up the planting tool that dmulk has.

I have to say it's pretty strong and well made. I'm a big guy and I've gotten pretty rough with it and I have not been able to make it flex. I think it is a stronger tool than the Fiskars.

Obviously it's no Lesche. I plan on making a tool of my own design and I just need something to get me by til I'm done.

I bought the cheap one (original thread) first. It was good for light digging but I ended up breaking it. The metal is actually a casting.....and breaks. I went to lowes and bought the Ames/True Temper 7 in 1 tool as well and it seems to be indestructable.

I bought the cheap one (original thread) first. It was good for light digging but I ended up breaking it. The metal is actually a casting.....and breaks. I went to lowes and bought the Ames/True Temper 7 in 1 tool as well and it seems to be indestructable.

I just read your sig

We hunt the same state, we use the same detector,
but we have diffrent taste in Glocks, I have a model 20

Back
Top Bottom