what ever happend to Minelab Gofind series of detectors

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Never heard much about about the Minelab Gofind detectors models 22,44 & 66 introduced in 2015 on metal detecting forums.

was that series a bust against other entry level detectors?

Maybe Minelab learned something from that introduction compared to the Equinox series and mostly positive acceptance by the metal detecting community.

The EQ control pod is very similar to even the first gen Go Find 20,40 and 60. Not sure if they were too pricey for the target consumer or what but I’ve never personally seen anybody with the latest version Go Find.

I have never seen anyone swinging a Go Find. And i can not go to the beach without seeing two or three people swinging a coil. I suspect that Minelab will drop them in the near future.

The Go-Find series is relatively popular in Australia, at least from what I've seen. The group I'm admin for occasionally gets posts by Go-Find users.

Maybe they're not so popular in America? I've got the feeling this Vanquish won't be anywhere near as popular as the Equinox either. I honestly hoped the Vanquish would be something a bit more higher end, either an upgraded CTX or an underwater one. Maybe that'll be Minelab's next one.

I have never seen anyone swinging a Go Find. And i can not go to the beach without seeing two or three people swinging a coil. I suspect that Minelab will drop them in the near future.

I think the Vanquish would do that. The Vanquish is a beginner detector, so I don't see why Minelab would keep the Go Finds.

The Go-Finds are a Vflex technology detector like the X-Terra series. Compared to the overall speed, unmasking ability and target separation of the Multi IQ Equinox and hopefully the Vanquish, the Vflex detectors will probably go away quietly soon. The Go-Finds were great for an introductory detecting experience for younger users or for a quick grab and go, stored in the car, detector for easy detecting scenarios without much trash. Otherwise, they were never meant to be an everyday, works anywhere detector. They work for the right situation but are super slow........ the tones are pretty annoying too, and no numerical target ID. I gave mine to my sister's kids.

Jeff

The Go-Finds are a Vflex technology detector like the X-Terra series. Compared to the overall speed, unmasking ability and target separation of the Multi IQ Equinox and hopefully the Vanquish, the Vflex detectors will probably go away quietly soon. The Go-Finds were great for an introductory detecting experience for younger users or for a quick grab and go, stored in the car, detector for easy detecting scenarios without much trash. Otherwise, they were never meant to be an everyday, works anywhere detector. They work for the right situation but are super slow........ the tones are pretty annoying too, and no numerical target ID. I gave mine to my sister's kids.

Jeff

This is accurate. I use the GoFind when I just want to grab a detector and scout a site to see if it's worth hunting. I have an extra one that I let all the kids use. People have complained about the build quality, but both of these machines have held up surprisingly well. Also, it actually is very good in dry sand.

As to the original question, I'll be surprised, with the launch of the Vanquish, if the GoFind doesn't go away.

Back
Top Bottom