What gloves do you wear?

sleepyjim

Elite Member
I just went thru another pair of cheapies, thinking maybe a better pair is in order....I am looking for tight (fingertips) so I can "feel" and tough so I can dig.....

What do you wear and approx cost.

thanks!

Jim

Nope no gloves for moi. Seen a lot of folks wearing them but never could figure that out. Can't feel what I need to feel with them on and can't keep them clean enough to keep the mud off the detector. Not a poke, scrape or cut in three decades of detecting without them. I do wear gloves in the winter detecting sometimes but take them off to dig.

Hubby gets Kevlar ones from work : ) I get the 3 pair bundle of vinyl palmed knit ones from Big Lots for $9. Neither Hubby or I will dig in the dirt without them on. It only takes one rusty nail or broken piece of glass to change your mind about not wanting them. I don't plan on any trips to ER because of not wearing them. : )

Gloves

Try the nitro mechanic gloves... not the cheap throw away kind but the heavey lasting kind about 9 bucks a pair.:yes:

Never wear / wore gloves.

Friend was digging in a hole last week.

He made a grab in a hole with a piece of glass OWEEEE @#$%^&&^%$#@

Had to leave & take him to a Med First = 14 stitches & a shot.

Gloves $10.00 or so,,, Dr. visit $787.69 :(

I use the cheap ones with the rubber palms and fingers. I can wash them and they dry in no time.

I wore gloves at many jobs I have had and I haven’t seen any gloves that will hold up with heavy use.

If you're digging and rooting through the dirt, here's one you may not have thought of: scabies. Yup. Learned my lesson within 2 months of starting this hobby. Not pleasant or fun, though certainly not exactly life threatening either.
Rich

I always wear gloves, way too much rusty iron and glass in the dirt. I buy the real cheap Home Depot Nitrile coated gloves that come five pair to a pack for $10. They are not very thick, but they provide just enough protection that is needed at the many construction sites that I hunt most frequently.

If I'm beach hunting and it's like 90 degrees out...that's about the only time and place when I don't wear gloves. In the dead of winter, I'll use long cuff welder's gloves, other than that, it's wear whatever pair doesn't have holes in 'em yet:lol:

was just at walmart tonight and for 2 pair of mecaniacs gloves for $20.00
these are the real mecanics gloves, not nock off's.

just FYI for everyone

Don't need no stinkin' gloves!!!

Gloves?? Gloves?? Real men don't need no stinkin' gloves. We would rather shred our fingers than wear gloves.
I've dug 3 of these bad boys and I still don't have enough sense to wear gloves.:no:

Attachments

• IMG_0294_2.jpg
    IMG_0294_2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 450
Ok, sounds like you got it under control.

Nope no gloves for moi. Seen a lot of folks wearing them but never could figure that out. Can't feel what I need to feel with them on and can't keep them clean enough to keep the mud off the detector. Not a poke, scrape or cut in three decades of detecting without them. I do wear gloves in the winter detecting sometimes but take them off to dig.

Over here, though, ever since the sewer line broke and contaminated the beach across from Mishref with typhus, all of us sissies have been wearing gloves.
GL,
John Morton

Back
Top Bottom