Is it worth the money?

ironhead

Is the Garrett Pro Pointer really worth the money? I've been looking at them and have been surprised at the prices. I know there supposed to be pretty good, but was wondering what others out there are just as good and cost less. I got a Fisher pointer with my F2, but haven't used it yet. Was looking at others because I read the one I got isn't very good. Any suggestions?

Fisher pinpointer + Garrett Propointer = One awesome Propointer, get the Propointer you will be glad you did. Best $112 I ever spent in this hobby...

Garrett can't be beat, but an option. is the Cen-Tech - item#97245 from Harbor Freight. Costs is $17. Lot of reviews warn that the momentary switch will fail and advise replacing it. But overall not much negative about it.

I still use my Fisher pro-pointer. The vibration works for me since I'm hearing impaired and any sound on my left side is lost.

GL & HH

I wish I had my Garrett Pro Pointer 20 years ago. I just bought it last November. I like it so much that I have already decided if it ever dies I will spend the money right away for another one. I don't want to detect without it.

Paul

Well that's good enough for me. I'm new to this hobby, and just want to make sure I'm outfitted with the best gear...Thanks!

I just got mine a couple days ago and love it I had the fisher pp before its night and day.

It makes finding targets so much easier you wont regret it.

Yup

Have had mine for over two years... if it breaks, will buy another immediately. Took my finds from minutes per find, to seconds. Anyways, thats my 2 cents. (-;

I'm in the minority. They are great when they work which usually isn't for long in my experience. I vote junk.

Garrett Pro Pointer all the way. It's makes finding targets a whole lot easier and faster.

I almost go to sleep watching people in videos waving dirt, a small handful at a time, in front of the coil searching for a target.

beephead

A $16 HF Centech is affordable, and does the job. Most of what you read about the Propointer, is hype and coolness factor. Wouldn't bother me at all to go back to the Centech. Even with the speaker hole plug on the Propointer, think it's still too loud. Replaced the beeper in the Centech with a vibrating motor, no noise at all. I understand working with electronics is for everyone, but the Centech is real easy to modify to better suit your preferences. It's not as sturdy as the Propointer, but I don't shove mine in the ground like a tent stake either. My soil is loose, sandy, still don't dig around with it, tip rarely touches dirt. Super-tuning? Why even bring your metal detector, if you can narrow down the target. Usually have a pretty good idea about depth and location, be setting down the machine to dig. Sure, the propinter is a sturdy, really cool gadget, but not really going to stop hunting without it. Something is seriously wrong, if you really need to buy two or more, just to be sure you always have one functional unit. Never had an issue with the Centech, but my Propointer needs to be sent in for repair (7 months of use). $12 Timex, or $2600 Rolex, both keep time...

My best suggestion is buy two pro pointers. If something happens to one you will be lost if it's the only one you have.:D

Back
Top Bottom