Metal Dectectors in Movies and TV.

Gorgar

Elite Member
This may have been asked but has anyone seen any Metal Detectors used in any movies or tv sightings to report? I guess they're kind of rare, but may be not?

I just saw "Everyone Loves Raymond". His father got one out to make a joke about looking for place to dig his wife. Last scene he snickered and showed everyone the coins he found.

Any others?

Saw them using one on CSI and on the Glades this past season. My wife thinks I'm a geek because I could identify the models.

I watched an old episode of Law and Order SVU yesterday, and they used one in there. Saw the one already mentioned in Glades too.

I watch the "military channel" a lot and they show the guys clearing roads and intersections with metal detectors. Not sure I'd want to lug one of those beasts around, though!!!!!!

Dusty

For those of us with little kids... Phineas and Ferb... Doofenschmirtz was metal detecting on a deserted island with a stick and coconut.. I had to laugh!

revenge of the nerds comes to mind. the part where they get dumped on the island and the one guy builds a detector out of coconuts and sticks to find the hidden military cache.

That show Jim Belushi had a few years back the used one to find his wife's ring he lost, pretty funny.
Also, they use them all the time on NCIS (love that show!)

I saw one on Sabrina the teenage witch. She was using it in her school. It was a 4 nob thing. And you new she didn't have a clue how to use it.
I don't remember the show to much. I think it about her aunt losing a necklace or a bracelet. and A hunk of a janitor( as me wife says). And something about bees. and the hunk that got stung.

Usually when they show metal detectors on TV or the movies, I cringe.

Because the guy swinging it is usually a nerd (sandals and black socks on the beach), and he's swinging it wildly, a foot off the ground, and it's constantly beep-beep-beeping, and he ignores all the beeps and just keeps going.

Sheer idiocy.

Budweiser - Real Men of Genius - Mr. Beach Metal Detector Guy.

This is the best! :rofl: You can catch it on YOUTUBE!

Usually when they show metal detectors on TV or the movies, I cringe.

Because the guy swinging it is usually a nerd (sandals and black socks on the beach), and he's swinging it wildly, a foot off the ground, and it's constantly beep-beep-beeping, and he ignores all the beeps and just keeps going.

Sheer idiocy.

That's Hollywood! :) Haha!!
Sometimes I wonder if I should dress "down" to go MDing because that's what's expected in a treasure hunter? Haha!!

I think it's in a 1980's film : "The Fog"
An old man with his Radioshack detector
finds a relic from a wrecked ship at the
strand shore ....

Back
Top Bottom