Garrett ace 250 problem

pedrofb19

Just got my Ace 250 in the mail and noticed that unless it is on sensitivety of like one or two bars it wont work. Not sure if it is my batteries or my ground. Also the pinpointing takes up a huge area for some reason. And finally if the target is inside a clump of dirt it wont detect it for some reason. Any help?
Thanks.

On pinpointing if when you push the pinpoint push it a second time it will narrow the pinpont pattern down a bit.

Pappy

thanks. anyone know why if I put a coin in a clump of dirt and hold it and pass it with the ace it wont detect it?

Have you tried it out anywhere else? I suspect something is wrong with the detector, but try it elsewhere first just to make sure. If you have power lines buried in the soil or some other electrical interference going on it will cause your detector to go nuts.

Sounds like your connector wire is loose or you have a defective coil..What about in the air test?
it picks up coins during the air test. later i will try out a diffrent coil to see if that is the problem.
Have you tried it out anywhere else? I suspect something is wrong with the detector, but try it elsewhere first just to make sure. If you have power lines buried in the soil or some other electrical interference going on it will cause your detector to go nuts.
No I have not tried it anywhere else. Today ill try to go try somewhere else though I do have a phone line cable in my backyard but dont know if that will cause any problems

check your cable connection and make sure its tight, and also make sure the coil wire is wrapped tight around the shaft......if its loose or hanging down at all the detector will constantly pick up the wire. GL!

Getting better signals now. But still have to run a two bar sensitivety on both coils and sometimes i dig a target and the signal just dissapears, is this normal?

Signal Disappears

That has happened to me before. I'm not sure why the signal disappears but, I've had it happen.

Getting better signals now. But still have to run a two bar sensitivety on both coils and sometimes i dig a target and the signal just dissapears, is this normal?

What mode are you running Ace 250 on? It will go crazy in trashy area if you doing in all metal mode. With those phantom signals are they good consistent repeatable signals or non repeatable? I'm running my Ace 250 on minus two bars from max in jewelry mode and work fine for me so you may have defect coil or loose wire connection. Hope you figure out and get that Ace 250 going, it's very good machine for coins and silver. For gold you need to dig everything and lots of trash to find gold in my experiences lot of foil and pull tabs. Good luck and HH.

Sorry for the neglect of this thread I was just going to let it die as I fixed the problem. The pinpointing problem was because i didnt "fine pinpoint". Which was the cause of the phantom targets not being found. But now all is well

Sorry for the neglect of this thread I was just going to let it die as I fixed the problem. The pinpointing problem was because i didnt "fine pinpoint". Which was the cause of the phantom targets not being found. But now all is well

Glad you got it figured out! Good luck in the future.

Back
Top Bottom