First silver ring and with my new AT Pro-Pointer

Texas Rookie

Hello! It has been a while since I last posted on here. I am graduating from college in December and detecting has taken a backseat since then.

I have been itching to upgrade from a White's Coinmaster and to get a PP for several years, and I finally decided on the PP. I got it two days ago, and naturally I took it to my already hunted backyard. I first hunted it when I was new and I would always get false signals, mineral halos, etc., and never a target, and very old red bricks seemed to be the source. (Old CW house site)

Well on my first target with my PP I ran into a brick, but I believe I only found my target because of my PP. It looks to be an old ladies cloth belt buckle that is extremely thin and appears to be made of pot metal.
The next day, I later went out a few hours ago and found my first silver, which also happens to be my first ring. Marked .925. I believe it is a toe ring of unknown age. I think it was about 3.5 inches deep. My pull tabs have been about 2 inches.

I was pretty hesitant to spend the money on the Garret Pro-Pointer AT, but it has really sped me up. Of course there is a plethora of good reviews, but if you have put a year or so into the hobby and you are on the fence, I would recommend it. It seems very nicely made as well.
Happy hunting!
ring1.jpg

Nice finds - I thought the ring had turquoise on it, then realized it was a piece of putty. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom