• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gold Silver and Copper and a Lock I need help with

Safari Scott

Elite Member
Got out this am and decided to hit the beach at low tide. Ended up pulling the small gold and diamond ring (14k) a couple of earrings (one silver) a blackened merc and what I believe is a beat to hell large cent. After the tide started coming in I decided to go back to the 1750 Farm House Ive been working for the last few years. The site has been great so far giving up coins as old as 1737. Last time I was there with Merc we found part of a stone pen behind another fenced in pen the odd thing was there was a well at he opening to the pen (there was already a well near the main house so this puzzled me a bit. I caught the owner of the property and said I thought it was odd there was a well down there and asked if he knew why it was there. He said it was probably due to the foundation there. My eyes lit up since I knew it didnt show on the 1870 map so my brother and I headed off into the woods and up a hill and there it was. My brothers ACE 250 was acting up so I loaned him my back up Safari with the small coil and told him to hit the foundation and a little while later he came back with an 1838 LC his first (I was very excited since I have been truing to get him into the hobby more but he hadnt found anything good yet until now) I ended up pulling this huge old lock under a good size rock and Im curious if anyone could estimate an age for this. Ill have to get back to the cellar hole in the fall it was starting to get a little dense with the greenery. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• June 11 finds.jpg
    June 11 finds.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 181
  • June 11 Lock turned.jpg
    June 11 Lock turned.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 188
Looks like you had a great day,the lock screams eletrolysis.Looks old tho.I'll bet that was a large cent once.I'd definately be back to that new spot in the fall,maybe even sooner than that.

Looks like you had a great day,the lock screams eletrolysis.Looks old tho.I'll bet that was a large cent once.I'd definately be back to that new spot in the fall,maybe even sooner than that.

Thanks Frank. I may get back there sooner. I had shorts on today and the briers were killing me. I didn't anticipate another hole I was going to hit the fields but I had to check it out.

awesome! that lock is definitely turn of the century 1800.i've dug quite a few like that.nice job & be careful with shorts & them dam ticks!

Back
Top Bottom