is there any MD 3080 user???

ice333

hi from Turkey,is there any MD 3080 user in beach?what is it's performance on beach?is there any detectorist who comed or will plan to coming to Turkey for detecting on this forum?please send me mail abouth this subject...good luck...

I had one which I used as I needed a waterproof case and headphones.
I did test it before it got cannalibised and even though it was the later large coil version it didn't perform well.

There seems little difference in depth between the all metal and discrimination modes. Discrimination cut depth radically if increased more than a fraction.
Headphones worked fairly well but they used to short a length of wire to hardwire them into the control box so they tend to pull off the head.

The weight you will know about but its not bad in the water.

You will find coins, even rings as long as the discrim. is kept right down and they are not at great depth.

Most main stream manufacturers machines will outperform it on the dry sand. P.I.'s, Fisher CZ 20, Minelab Excaliber etc can treble its depth on wet and in the sea itself. But they do all cost several times more.
It seems to be a copy of the Fisher 1280 but just doesn't keep up. If you try the Fisher or the Head Hunter that evolved out of the 1280 you will see what I mean

Sorry to be so negative. You will make finds but only a fraction of what the above mentioned detectors would in the same area.

Back
Top Bottom