Discriminating out trash

L

lms7652

Kind of new to detecting. Which detectors have good discrimination settings that would allow me to avoid pull tabs while still finding coins. Plan to mainly just hunt around schools and parks for coins, etc. Most of these places are loaded with pulltabs, foil and the usual trash.

Not looking for high dollar units, something for $500 or less. Thanks for the feedback.

You are looking for a machine with notch discrimination capabilities. That way a certain segment of targets can be ingnored while still finding good targets, or specific targets.

i used the minelab elite an I can get rid of all pull tabs an pick up coins like crazy with tons of metal trash, but you will lose out on gold an nickels, but at the same time you will gets coins that would have missed anyway, 99% every signal will be a coin or silver. works like a dream in parks.

Try Bounty Hunter Prods. In expensive, Discrimination, Lightweight, ......works for me..Aguila

The Garrett Ace 250 does an excellent job for less than $200. You can get one from Tony with FREE shipping.

Back
Top Bottom