Where to buy?

matcoland

I am looking to buy an Excalubur 100 or CZ 20, and wondering if there are any suggestions.

I will check a local place around Mesa, AZ...but I am guessing online will be a better deal.

I found this place...

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/minelab/minelab-excaliburs.htm

...and they throw in a lot of freebies, and look like a large company...at the same time, their site looks like it was designed by a 4 year old and they have lots of "wait, if you buy now we will also throw in..." tactics that really makes them look sketchy.

Anyone have any experience with the above site or want to suggest a place to buy an Excal 100 or CZ 20 from?

Buy from Tony if you can!TCmetaldetectors.com.He is a forum supporter.
All that add in throw in stuff from that other site is just junk.

Hi Matcoland. I would be happy to help you out with your purchase. You're right about what you see and I'll leave it at that. I am a long time dealer and will make sure I take care of you after the sale. Give me a try :yes: If you need any questions answered , please feel free to ask.
8)

SORRY !

But how about BUYING IN A SHOP ? How about buying with someone who invested in something ?

I don't like buying on the internet. I don't think you'll get a better deal. Internet traders PAY the search engines to be mentioned. To be mentioned FIRST.

And even if you get a better deal on the internet (hahahahaha !), I like to see the face of an expert/salesman. I like to make & see someone happy. I like to do business with a PERSON. And what is wrong with somebody earning a profit ?

Can't we stand the fact that someone is earning something on what we buy ? Why does the "shop" be THOUSANDS of kilometers away ?

Jealousy ? Stupidity ? Indeference ?

EVERYONE can "invest" in a site and store his merchandise in his shed. Or BUY THE MERCHANDISE AFTER YOU ORDERED IT !

So far, I only bought a headphone via internet since it seemed almost impossible to get what I wanted.

Personally, I LOVE to do business with PEOPLE.

Just my point of view !

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

Easy Bob...not saying I have to, but chances are good I can shop around and buy online. That online store may even be a retail store some place...or maybe not.

Online doesn't mean the owner isn't "invested" as you say. For example, I run http://www.The3dStudio.com and several other sites. No retail location, but I have a LOT invested in my site. We also provide excellent customer service and back up anything we sell.

There is nothing wrong with earning a profit, as long as we are not talking about a ton of it for being a middle man. On the other hand, if somebody provides me with information and help I would buy from them even if they are not the lowest price around.

As for doing business with a person, just because you complete the transaction online doesn't mean there is a robot processing your order. I know because like I said above, I run my own e-commerce sites.

Well Bob,Tony happens to be a person.A person that has invested in a shop.A person that you can talk to.A person that has helped alot of people on this site.A person that supports this site that you and I use for free.Heck there is even pics of him in his shop with Vlad.A person that you can trust.A person to do business with.Enough of that.Buy from TC.

Go to a shop, buy a detector and make someone happy.

Simple.

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

There is no difference between them and other authorized dealers. They are just a high volume dealer and get better volume pricing.

I've purchased from Many volume dealers including Kellyco.

The difference between my local White's dealer and Kellyco. $148. Local dealer wanted FULL MSRP.

If they are authorized. Don't worry about it.

I can vouch for Tony as well. He will give you a good package deal as well, but with items that are not JUNK and worth less than the extra shipping costs that the K store charges you. All dealers are bound by contract as to the minimum they are allowed to sell for. In order to be more "competative", the packages are given in various forms. I have bought 3 detectors as well as accessories from Tony within the last year, and I was treated well in all aspects, and will be giving him my future business as well.

First of all Bob, I have a detector shop. I have been an authorized dealer for over 29 years. I put up my site because of the BIG places lying to their customers and selling a bunch of junk. You can come see me in real time face to face. It is up to the customer if they want to go local or internet. I have never discouraged anyone from buying from their local dealer, Unfortunately many local dealers are hobby stores ,coin shops or palces that shouldn't be selling detectors to anyone because they don't use them and cannot help the customer after the sale. In these places you'll know immediately whether or not they know their stuff. Also , i have and always will help anyone who asks for it ; whether they buy from me or not. Beleive me , I am not getting rich doing this. I do it for the love of the hobby and yes a small profit. Lastly , there are many places in this country that don't have local dealers close by so the internet is the only chance they have to get into this hobby. I think we should all just enjoy the hobby and be thankful that there are people like Vlad and Carol who give us this great forum to use. FOR FREE ! ! !

TonyinCT said:
First of all Bob, I have a detector shop. I have been an authorized dealer for over 29 years. I put up my site because of the BIG places lying to their customers and selling a bunch of junk. You can come see me in real time face to face. It is up to the customer if they want to go local or internet. I have never discouraged anyone from buying from their local dealer, Unfortunately many local dealers are hobby stores ,coin shops or palces that shouldn't be selling detectors to anyone because they don't use them and cannot help the customer after the sale. In these places you'll know immediately whether or not they know their stuff. Also , i have and always will help anyone who asks for it ; whether they buy from me or not. Beleive me , I am not getting rich doing this. I do it for the love of the hobby and yes a small profit. Lastly , there are many places in this country that don't have local dealers close by so the internet is the only chance they have to get into this hobby. I think we should all just enjoy the hobby and be thankful that there are people like Vlad and Carol who give us this great forum to use. FOR FREE ! ! !

AMEN Tony!

And by the way, Bob, I have bought a few detector supplies online because these are REAL people with REAL MD Shops. They just happen to be hundreds of miles from where I live.
I have one shop in my area and he doesn't always carry what I am looking for and he can't always get it. I also have found that I have been treated better by the online "people" than by those who I have talked to face-to-face.
I have never met Tony and I have never bought anything from him (yet), but he has been more than willing to answer plenty of questions for me.

Well, to expess what seems an alternative opinion - Like anything else, shop around and go with the best deal. I have purchased from kellyco with no problems. I have never purchased from Tony, but might in the future.
I don't see ruling something out for sentimental reasons or whatever. Life is all about options, and there more ya got, the better off you are.
Look around, try pricegrabber.com, try google,froogle, various forums, consider what people here say, make up your mind then get to detecting.

Congrats on the new machine you will be getting, Look forward to seeing pics of the finds you get with this machine.

tony is a good guy to deal with, I purchased my x-terra 50 from him a month ago, and he has been helpful with the few questions i have asked him. Now if minelab will send me my carry bag I'll be complete ;)

OH crap!!! I bought my detector from a coin dealer. :shock: But seriously, the guy demonstrated the machine vey well and I feel I got a good deal and that's what matters. If I had been on this forum before I bought it I would have deffinatly contacted Tony. Just remember all businesses are in business to make a profit, I just don't want them to make it ALL off me. Tony says he will make good deals and from the sounds of the very many happy customers he's had just from this forum alone that's good enough for me. If I need anything in the future I will be sure to contact him. Haven't heard anyone here say one negative thing about him. Pssst besides.......I have a home business of my own and have had people make comments about if I had a shop I'd get more business. With 4 kids and a full time job it just isn't feesable. I do Glass etching and vinyl lettering. Just because I do it from my home doesn't mean that what I sell is any less but it does mean that I don't have the overhead to add to the price. ;) I do custom work so if something different is what is wanted I wouldn't have anything like it to show anyway. thus making a building and doubling (or more) my prices seem pointless.

Keep up the good work Tony :yes:

BOB VALDEZ said:

Simple.

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

Its not as simple as you imply Bob... Where I live a shop is quite a drive and I am sure others can attest to this.

user18 said:
BOB VALDEZ said:

Simple.

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium
Well Bob, I live in Bumble*** ... ummm.... a very rural place in Iowa. No shop within many, many miles. Where should I go?

Personally, Epi-hunter, I think you should move right away. I don't understand how people can live under THOSE harsh conditions (snif). If I had to live there, I wouldn't even dream about detecting !

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

By the way : any idea WHY there are no shops, around, Epi-hunter ? Any ?

I can tell you Bob.... Most people who sell metal detectors and the equipment that goes with the hobby have real jobs because they  couldn't survive just selling metal detecting stuff.

BTW Bob, I didn't edit your post, I hit the wrong button replying lol...

I have bought both online, from different dealers and local multiline dealer. I have been pleased with both even though I did pay a higher price at the local dealer. The one thing I like about a local dealer is that I could give each detector a hands on trial before buying a dector. I bought a XTERRA 50 from Tony and have been very pleased with the savings I got and the after market support I got from him. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom