• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A Five Alarm Dinger

Those 1/10 finds will test as gold..... unless you scrap down to the other metal. But that digit reading should have been a little higher with all that silver? so who knows maybe they got it wrong. None the less .... id take that hunt any day.... nice chain.

One of the rings I found in the wet sand I thought was gold but was marked S925 so I'm guessing it's gold plated silver never seen that before.

I've actually found a few pieces like that. I don't know what the deal is, but it seems silver holds the gold better than pot metal does. They were always beautiful pieces!

Cheers,

Skippy

Nice hunt. I HAVE A BAD SHOULDER too but haven't found a good way to do wet sand. What's the trick. Right now I have no joint only a space. Can't use arm much at all.

Damn...the chain rang up as a 2 on the Nox?

I've been skipping most of those low numbers...now I have to dig even more :)

Nice hunt. I HAVE A BAD SHOULDER too but haven't found a good way to do wet sand. What's the trick. Right now I have no joint only a space. Can't use arm much at all.

For the time being I'm doing it all with one hand. THe bad arm is used just to carry my short light-weight scoop but when I find something I swap hands and dig. I will admit, wet sand is a challenge so mostly been doing dry. When I do venture into wet sand I let the water wash out the scoop. no way I'm shaking it out.

Damn...the chain rang up as a 2 on the Nox?

I've been skipping most of those low numbers...now I have to dig even more :)

Yes! that's the same reaction I had and one of my friends here has verified that as well. He's had his Nox for 4-months and has found 4 chains (silver and gold) and depending on the chain rings up some where between 4 and 8. Like you I was ignoring a lot of low hits but wont be doing that as much now!

Back
Top Bottom