Use caution on Ebay!!!!!!

Paulb

Hello all.As someone who buys and sells alot on Ebay I wanted to inform you of the new scam that is going around on this site.It affects sellers who sell items with a buy it now option.This has happened to me around 4-5 times now and is very frustrating.How it works is,you will have a new Ebay member purchase your item with the buy it now option.Shortly thereafter,you will recieve an email from what appears to be Paypal stating the funds were taken from the buyers account but can't be released to yours until they recieve a shipping confirmation number.The buyer usually emails also and says they seen your items while looking for something else and though it would be perfect for another Family member.The email from Paypal looks legit with Paypals symbols and all.I called Paypal the first time I recieved one of these and it took them some time before they could figure out if it was real or not!!!!The buyer will state in their email that they have an account with Fedex and they will take care of all the shipping,all you have to do is box it up and send them your address.Once you figure out it is a scam and call them on it,they immediatelly cancel their Ebay account.Just wanted to pass this along.Thanks and HH

Your right on cue, I have found that someone took the time to set up an exact replica of paypal and tried to tell me that i had to re register. The funny thing was they wanted my bank id no.s and pin no. s which I knew paypal never asked for , I did the same thing and notified the original paypal about it and this is the first time I have taken a gamble in awhile on a Automax V2 pinpointer. If I get it for the price I bid, I lucked out, if not oh well.
I just hope it works. smg :( Theres always someone out there who has to ruin it for others.

another thing to watch for is when someone buys and item from you with paypal they can cancel or remove there funds so you never see the money,but you have the right to go through paypal to get it back.
but once the items posted its gone for good.

happened to me before.

also get a gmail account ass this notifiys you of where an email comes from in really big red letter headings.

Back
Top Bottom