10 days in Aruba

Anthony

My 10 days metal detecting in Aruba was pretty disappointing. There were two of us detecting and found mostly coins. A few pieces of junk jewelry. But I did find this US Army Retired Challenge Coin which I thought was a unique find. We hunted almost every morning between 6am and 9am. My trip last year turned up several rings including one with 7 black diamonds and a very old Tiffany & Co. Silver bracelet. But all in all it was a great 10 days in Aruba. My best hit was an over 5K jackpot hit in a penny slot machine on a $1.50 bet. Made this a free vacation plus a profit! Tried to post the pictures but they won't upload for some reason.

Last edited:
Sounds like it was a nice vacation and Aruba is beautiful even with all the old bad publicity. Better luck next time!

Sorry you didn't find much but it still sounds like a blast especially since it was free after the winnings you mention. Which resort in Aruba?

Haven't been to Aruba in years. I hear it's been built up quite a bit since then. Oddly enough the first time I ever ate at a Hooters was in Aruba. Surprised you didn't do better on those beaches. At least you got to spend 10 days there. That's a long vacation and a lot of mini beers.

$1.50 a pull

It was $1.50 a pull not $150.00. That was my typo error! Played $20.00 in the machine.

Those places use to be easy hits but now the word is out. But You did Great with the 5 grand win! :kingdances:

I went there about a yr ago and was HIGHLY disappointed. I spent three days there and didn't find squat. I spent a great deal of time IN the water. Found ALOT of pull tabs and some coins but nothing else. I think it's a pretty heavily hit place for Florida detectorists... Lucky for me I fly for free otherwise I'd of been REALLY bummed. I also rented a van and slept in that vs a hotel... It was VERY hot those 3 days... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom