• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Looking for Nokesville, Va information

61Cadillac

Elite Member
I will be in Nokesville , Va for the 4th of July holiday for a family reunion. The reunion will be on my cousin's 6 acre property. I am curious if anyone from that area can tell me if there was much Civil War Troop movement thorough that area. I know it is close to Manassas. Would it be worth detecting the property and what might the chances be of finding some Cilil War artifacts?

It's a few miles from the battlefield. I'd take my machine if it were me. Hot soil up that way. Depending on what machine you have, your success will vary greatly.

Like so much of the area in this region, you could very likely find civil war stuff there. I would certainly try to hunt there if you can. Good luck. I hope you do well.

You will get more depth from the 3030, but I had an unbelievable year last year with the ATP. I would say which ever one you feel more comfortable with.

I'm going to bring them both. I'm very comfortable with the AT Pro, but not so much yet with the CTX. Hoping I can make a bunch of progress on the learning curve in the next month.

I use my 3030 on coin and jewelry with zero discrim if looking for cannonballs too. If buttons,plates and bullets I just use coin and jewelry. I does me well in hot. I also have it in ferrous-coin mode in the coin and jewlry setting. Seems to keep the hot ground at bay. Good luck.

I would take the AtPro, since you know it well, and run zero discrimination and dig every signal, at least for a while. In bad ground bullets can sound like nails and give the same readings on the display. Good Luck, let us know how you do.

Back
Top Bottom