State Quarters - some are valuable

dan

Elite Member

From 1999 to 2008, every state in the union was honored with its own state quarter.

Five a year for ten years, and then six bonus coins, for Washington, DC and the United States territories.

These coins can still be found in general circulation, and some of them are worth money.

The latest episode of the In the Treasure Corner podcast describes how the State Quarter series came to be, and tells you about a few of the coins that are worth much more than their face value.

Listen at http://thetreasurecorner.com.

I have 2 sets of the state quarters I put together for my kids when they were growing. (pre metal detecting days)

Has anyone noticed you hardly see any of the extra ones made for the territories ???

I was going to put 2 sets of them together as well but could never find a holder for them, plenty of holders available for the state quarters though.

Thanks Dan.

I have 2 sets of the state quarters I put together for my kids when they were growing. (pre metal detecting days)

Has anyone noticed you hardly see any of the extra ones made for the territories ???

I was going to put 2 sets of them together as well but could never find a holder for them, plenty of holders available for the state quarters though.

Thanks Dan.

I also got two sets of the quarters..i got the standard set which was a board to fill up but when they released the extras i kept them in a small baggie...im sure you can find a board or booklet for the quarters in fleabay or some coin shop..you can search for local coin shops near you.

I think some book stores also sell them...its wierd in that some of the books cost more then the sum of the coins to go into them...:laughing:

Actually was looking for booklets on fleabay to link you to one but found there was not 50 state quarters but 100...the 'P' and the 'D'...did you get both sets?

I am now going to have to go look at mine cos i just collected the set and didnt look for P's and D's..someone was selling the 100 set for like $100...nice profit...although having to collect rolls of brand new quarters for 10 years might have taken a while...like maybe 10 years...:laughing:

I'd prefer to have a full collection of morgans or even peace dollars....only got 8 of one and one of the other...being english these american coins are quite nice...the only british ones i lied from old were the celtic ones or hammered and the only new british being the 2 pound and 5 pound coins....detecting them makes for a good day very quickly..even preferable to gold hunting..when you can make $50 equvelent a day in coins alone...:laughing:

But back to the point...i dont know if theres even a collection booklet for all the quarters cos nobody knows when they are going to stop making new ones yet...its just going to be more andmore and more new ones..the quarter could well become the most modified coin ever with so many different designs

ps....

someone just sold a full set of quarters, state, PDSS, state and territories for $699.

And soene paid that....maybe your coins could have a value in years...hindsight...lol

Never thought about the mint marks... just tried to grab new ones soon out of the roll and pop them in the books.

I just ordered 2 sets of the 6 from 09. Will never likely get them any cleaner and nicer than that.

There IS a green book available for the 6 I saw on fleebay.

Unfortunately unless your quarter is a MS 69 or better its just a quarter. Lets bear in mind they made 100's of millions of these.

Morgan dollars MS 64 or better is the way to invest.

There was an eposide of some reality show about real estate agents in la and one of them was showing this kid his coin collection...every coin was grades and i think he said the whole colletion was worth about $400k

I'm thinking most of them by the look of them were morgans...nice collection...i like to touch my coins so thankfully i dont have any thousand dollar plus coins..only a couple of months ago got to hold a tree shilling and three tree pennies out of their cases...$20k of coins in one hand....eing behind plastic is like looking at coins in a museum...it just feels wrong to me.

Id rather have a replica i can hold then a valuable coin i cant (money not being an issue)

I see the territory quarters all the time. The state quarters will be in circulation for a long time, and I already have a complete set of all 56. now I am focusing my attention on the ATB series... should be done in 10 yrs lol.

I see the territory quarters all the time. The state quarters will be in circulation for a long time, and I already have a complete set of all 56.

Midknight, the complete set is 112 quarters, because each state has 2: one minted in Philadelphia and the other in Denver (with a D mint mark).

Back
Top Bottom