coin auction

I may have to check this auction out to see how much the silver goes for . . . :/ http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=1564947&category=0&zip=&kwd=

Not that I attend many auctions in person, but silver really sucks to buy as far as competition goes because anyone who can do math can quite accurately value it.... which means it probably almost always goes for what it's worth. So with that said, it tends to be a long term investment to make it worth while. That's how I see it, but there sure ain't no shortage of people who buy it so maybe they know something I don't.

sterling silver made goods can go for cheap for their weight but solid silver coins and such are way to easy to calculate...people can get their price in seconds and often bid above the value then have to add the buyers premium...really unusual to get a deal on them....and do you really want to get them from a gun auction..looks like a bank robbers wet dream :laughing:

Yes I've seen that happen soooo many times at auctions. Silver jewelry at auctions I've done very well on in the past. Went for like half of melt and then on a few pieces ive bought I have gotten collector value which is extremely higher than melt. I actually love buying bas of foreign coins at auctions. I've done well with silver from those.

It depends what kind of auction you go to. If it a small town local auction you may get lucky. I found 5 morgan dollars and some uncirc halves for 10-15$ under melt. the bigger auctions you will have trouble getting lucky.

Back
Top Bottom