Persistents Some Times Pays

jack&jill

Elite Member
Went to a small community fireman's park that is adjacent to a closed grade school. The community is a old rural farm type with lots of old homes that I plan to go back to and do a lot of door knocking. Well things started very slowly early this morning. All I had after 3 hours was a couple of Wheat's and a good bit of clad. Told myself I'd give it another half hour and call it quits. As fate has it making the last pass toward the car I get a solid Quarter hit at about 7 inches. I was very happy to see the shine in the bottom of the hole with a worn "38" Washington. It took only about 3 minutes and I was blessed with a 2nd Silver, this one a "50" Rosie. The 2 Silvers get me up to 122 FTY. Hunted another 45 minutes adding to the clad coffers. Total for the day $10.33 in clad, 5 Wheat's and the 2 Silvers.

Hope all had good and safe hunts. Thanks for looking and commenting. Jack

Attachments

• 7-20-14.jpg
    7-20-14.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 541
  • 7-20-14 1.jpg
    7-20-14 1.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 536
  • 7-20-14 2.jpg
    7-20-14 2.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 531
DANG! What a great hunt. And congrats on the SILVER. 122 for the year? Your RICH!

man you always manage to snifff out the good stuff. congrats on another really good hunt!! i'm envious off you guys that find that much silver lol. i'm usually in the 30's for a yTD ..but its all good anyway. :D

the clad count is great also! I'm with Gstout ...you must not have many other swingers around ya lol

Sounds like you are finding some unhunted sites with all the clad. Congrats on the growing pile o' silvers!
Greg
Don't think it was unhunted, as a lot of areas yielded very little but still found enough to keep me smiling.
congrats on the silvers!
Thank you, Ducky
Nice hunt, Jack! That is a nice pile of clad and way to get a Washington and Rosie.
Thank you Jason
man you always manage to snifff out the good stuff. congrats on another really good hunt!! i'm envious off you guys that find that much silver lol. i'm usually in the 30's for a yTD ..but its all good anyway. :D the clad count is great also! I'm with Gstout ...you must not have many other swingers around ya lol
For me this is uncharted waters but making a few changes as to the wheres I'm hunting has been the big difference. That and better understanding my machine. Lots of very good swingers in the area. Many belong to the forum. (Mitmat, AirforceMike, Predrunner, Milco, Gameoftag, Buckdhamra and Madtownscoop just to name a few.) Jack

A very good clad count and a couple silvers makes for a fine hunt...Congrats!
Can't agree more. thank you Bruce
Great day!!! Maybe we can get out this year again. :)
GL + HH!!!!!!!!!!
That could happen, I know I'd like it.
Awesome clad haul, and sweet silvers! :yes:
Appreciate the reply
That's a lot of digging - congrats !
I'm a bit portly so I can use the exercise:D
Congrats on the two silvers and all that clad, and on a great year so far.
Thank you, For me its been simply amazing. Jack

Way to go on the silver count. Hopefully we'll be able to dig right up to Christmas this year in Wisconsin and you can double your best year.;)

Back
Top Bottom