07-21-2014 My First Successful Hunt Since Mid-May!!!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
I finally got a chance to really get out and dig, dig, dig! And it paid off. First good hunt in 2 months due to serious financial problems on the home front that are in good shape for now.

I decided to hit the local city park this morning (about 3 1/2 hours worth). I went into the kiddie lot FIRST! Good thing I did as later in the morning THREE school buses full of kids showed up! The noise level was WAY above my noise tolerance! By then I was elsewhere in the park.

Ironically though -- my first target (in the kiddie lot) was the "Love Charm" (925). Then I found the pink charm with a crown on it -- not marked. And shortly after I found TWO of those "peanut" looking charms. Actually, a 4th grade boy showed an interest in learning how to metal detect and I let him try it and he found a "BLACK" peanut charm (not marked) and a penny (zincoln) -- dug them himself with me watching him use my Lesche. (Was in wood chips so no real digging needed). Later I found the "ORANGE" peanut charm (also not marked). So he has the black one and the penny. I feel sure there will be a new detectorist soon as he went running to "mama" showing her what he found! Very excited!

I left the kiddie lot right after that and continued my hunt in the grass and gravel. There was a car show over the weekend so I don't think I did too bad on the clad and pennies. The unmarked earring was laying in the gravel (on top). The two marbles came out of a couple of the "clad" holes. Not shown is PLENTY of junk that got tossed!

Thanks for looking! GL & HH!

Attachments

• 07-21-14 Coins & Finds.jpg
    07-21-14 Coins & Finds.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 371
  • 07-21-14 925 Love Charm Front.jpg
    07-21-14 925 Love Charm Front.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 07-21-14 925 Love Charm Back.jpg
    07-21-14 925 Love Charm Back.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 364
Are you 'feeling the LOVE'? LOL Congrats on your silver find. That's a nice 'welcome back' . Glad to see you having a successful hunt after your dry weeks. : ) Good luck on future hunts.

Maybe that site just does not have any gold!?! We sometimes have to accept that situation. Assume you were using the Compadre, if so and you swung over it, you would not miss it!

Yeah you may be right and yes, I was using the Compadre.

Back
Top Bottom