Teknetics T2 SE

abbynormal

Elite Member
Hi -looking at the possibility of picking up a T2SE , used but with only 20 hours on it. Is $400 a good price for this, in your opinion? Any pros/cons to this machine? I have previously only used Garretts, primarily an AT Pro?
TIA :)

I’ve owned a lot of machines like a lot of people on here.The t2 classic was by far the deepest,so I couldn’t imagine the depth of the t2se in boost..I’m a coin hunter,and I occasionally find a deep coin with all machines..But I found like 9 inch coins at different sites with the t2 classic,and that never happened with any other machine for me.
Why did I get rid of it? Truth is it wasn’t to try another one,although I do swap machines out a lot..It liked hot rocks,and here in western Pennsylvania everyone burned coal and chucked the ashes through the yards for probably 150 years ,that leads to a lot of hot rocks..Second reason was in the winter my knob to adjust the sensitivity was hard to turn in the cold,and when I did turn it the numbers wouldn’t go up fast at all,littlerally had to turn it around a few times to up and down the sensitivity..but in warm weather this was not a problem.

$400 sounds very fair with only 20 hrs on it. When I bought mine they were going for around $600 new. It also came with a extra 5" dd coil which I really like for trashy sites.
It's a versatile machine, you can set it up to go deep for relics and it also does good with coins and jewelry. I mostly relic hunt so I wanted a machine that could go fairly deep and the T2se seemed to be a good choice in this price range. It is a little sensitive to heavy mineralized soils and saltwater beaches though.

Back
Top Bottom