Fathers day hunt nets silver and wheat

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
My friend ksopie called and asked it I wanted to go hunt. HECK YES ! He said come on up, he would take me to some of his spots HECK YES ! I grabbed the gear and ran to the truck.
We started off at a place that used to have an old bar on it. I ended up finding 25 cents here. Nothing old and no silver. OK, its early he said lets try another spot I have hunted before. We pull up to an old fairgrounds dating back to the 1920's. He had hunted here before but me and my 3030 never had. I walked about 30' and got a great 12/45 VDI, pure high tone, about 7". Dug down and out comes this 1940 Mercury Dime. Wahooo !! SILVER kind a day. First target on this site. I was excited. However, I worked between all the trash and only managed to find (3) more wheat cents, 1920, 1945 and 1950 and a clad dime. Still, I already had my silver for the day and was very happy. PLUS I got to spend the afternoon with a very good friend. Doesn't get any better !!
I ran the 3030 in Coins, Ground Coin, +3, Fast On, Combined Tones.

Attachments

• 06162019 hunt.jpg
    06162019 hunt.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 298
A very nice outing Jerry, specially to share the time with a friend. Congrats on the Merc, the Wheat's and a little walking around pocket change. Trapper

Congrats on the merc & wheaties! :woot:

Thank You Wolf Dog
Congrats on the nice finds.

HD
Thank You
A very nice outing Jerry, specially to share the time with a friend. Congrats on the Merc, the Wheat's and a little walking around pocket change. Trapper
Thank You Trapper. It was great to get out on some new sites and we had a good time even though finds were limited. I did encounter a copperhead at the first site. That was interesting. Glad I was swinging my machine or I might have stepped on it.
Very nice. Congrats!
Thank You

I wish I had a friend to hunt wish.
Make a post on here, where you live. You might be surprised how many other people wish the same thing around where you live. GL and Happy Hunting.

I know it's been a week ago but congrats on the Merc. That's what it's all about.

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

Nice group of finds...…….
Thank You

Nice hunt! Congrats.
Thank You

congrats on your hunt and silver
Thank You

Nice Shiny Merc and wheats, way to pull them out of a heavily hunted area!
Thank You

I know it's been a week ago but congrats on the Merc. That's what it's all about. Thank You

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom