New Mexico hunters

I am in Santa Fe!

Read my comments on the "New Mexico" thread here (near the top now)

I VERY much want to hunt with someone! PM me. Sadly I don't drive, but I can chip in for gas.

SageGrouse

That'd be great! Theo and I are working on getting together, so maybe we can eventually form a group.

SageGrouse

NM folks still looking?

Hello folks,

Just happen to join this site, live in Estancia so am looking for "Local" MD Buddy also interested in MD'ing/Treasure/Relic hunting. Got some very nice "sweet" spots.

Anyhoo.. drop by & say howdy...

I can drive to Esancia. Only an hour away. If your still interested pm me. Let's make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is sounding better and better! I don't know how many MDers are in NM but there must be quite a few. Let's get something going here! :D

SageGrouse

Well, it was a good warm day... but I had too much stuff to do around the house. Dang. Maybe tomorrow.

The weather is getting nicer though in Santa Fe.

SageGrouse

Great! Speaking of good hunts... Google "Forrest Fenn"

Many people have reason to believe his treasure is hidden somewhere just south of Santa Fe. THAT would be one heckuva hunt, eh?

I'm game if you are.

SageGrouse

It would seem to me that everyone is in Southern NM or in tiny towns out in the boonies.

Santa Fe OUGHT to have many people... it's the state capital after all... *shrug* Cold again today.

SageGrouse

Now that things are getting warmer, any chance of a get-together?

I know of an arroyo with black sand and a bottle dump in the Southern part of Santa Fe, and ther are loads of parks I have never been to at all. Not to mention Agua Fria, Frenchy's Field, the Indian School, the School for the deaf, the courthouse Lawn and other places.

Come on, guys... contact me, eh?

SageGrouse

I have heard of the Forrest Fenn story and my friend and I always talk about finding the treasure somewhere, someday. Funny, I had to laugh but who knows, maybe. I am new to the forum and just joined and live in Albuquerque. I have children so it makes it hard to join a group, I have tried with friends and it just does not work very well. They want to help SO much. We have fun when we can. Enjoy and I am always looking to hear about findings and places that are legal to detect at. ~Sarah

Welcome to the forum! I'm not in New Mexico, but that is debatable if you ask anyone from Colorado. (We get our local news from New Mexico!) Alamosa is just north of Taos, and I pass right through Santa Fe one week every other month for work. Unfortunately, I've been super busy the past few times and have not been able to enjoy myself.

Lately, I've been hunting close to home, but I have plans this summer to head south around Taos/Cumbres Pass, Jemez, etc. New Mexico has some fertile land for hunting and the Forest Fenn story adds to it! Cumbres has gold and it is a personal goal to find a nugget! :-)

I've been thinking that the treasure absolutely is in northern New Mexico, and I think the key to finding it is by studying the designated trout areas. I think I have a pretty good idea where I suspect that it might be and I can't wait to get back down there. I camped out in the area for a week and it was one of my fondest memories of New Mexico.

If you ever want to head north, grab Sagegrouse and let's go on an adventure!

Hello everybody, I am also living in Santa Fe and would love to go out metal detecting with y'all if anyone is still interested. Just let me know!

Well, it would seem that there are a BUNCH of NM detectorists! Let's all get our pins on the MD Map and see if we can get together some day!
Sage(There's more of us than you think!)Grouse

If your ever up for a drive would be happy to meet up in the Albuquerque area sometime...

Back
Top Bottom