• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Spring Break Hunt #2: Louis Vuitton, iPhone 10, and a Fresh Silver!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Got out today for a planned hunt with just amazing conditions! I was in the water just about 7:45 am. Low tide was at 10:45am and I hunted for a total of 5 hours. I saw 3 other :pirates: working the water. I couldn’t really find an area that produced multiple targets. The iPhone 10 came early in the hunt and is in amazing scratchless condition but I think its toast since it won’t charge or power up at home. :no: So much for its waterproof capability. :roll: It may have some fail-safe damage capability on water intrusion that I will have checked out; otherwise, I still think I can sell for parts it since the glass and case are perfect. The silver ring came in an offshore sand bar as did a few of the sunglasses. I actually had found 6 pairs but I believe lost a pair I believe when I hit a stretch of deep water than had me floating on my back and kicking my feet for about 5 minutes until I could reach the bottom again. (I normally don’t put sunglasses in my find’s pouch but my bathing suit trunk pockets so they don’t scratch). One of the pairs of sunglasses I knew was special when I pulled it - beautiful fit and finish. I knew it was a major designer but it was missing the lenses. When I got home I did some research when I was able to find the Louis Vuitton etched on the glasses. I did some research and they are “Louis Vuitton Damier Conspiration Pilote Aviator Ebene Canvas Z0202U Gold”. (There’s a used pair selling on EB for $899 :wow: – w/ lenses of course). I have offered them to the wife. I think they may be able to use standard Ray Ban’s lenses so if she can get them put on they’ll be hers, otherwise I’ll try to sell as is. No yellow but not a bad day at all! :yes:

Attachments

• 3-26-18.jpg
    3-26-18.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 578
  • 3-26-18 Glasses.jpg
    3-26-18 Glasses.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 558
  • 3-26-18 Silver.jpg
    3-26-18 Silver.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 576
  • 3-26-18 LV (1).jpg
    3-26-18 LV (1).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 565
  • 3-26-18 LV (2).jpg
    3-26-18 LV (2).jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 547
  • Louis-Vuitton-Conspiration-Pilote-Canvas-Z0202U-Conor-McGregor.jpg
    Louis-Vuitton-Conspiration-Pilote-Canvas-Z0202U-Conor-McGregor.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
When I got home I did some research when I was able to find the Louis Vuitton etched on the glasses. I did some research and they are “Louis Vuitton Damier Conspiration Pilote Aviator Ebene Canvas Z0202U Gold”. (There’s a used pair selling on EB for $899 :wow: – w/ lenses of course). I have offered them to the wife. I think they may be able to use standard Ray Ban’s lenses so if she can get them put on they’ll be hers, otherwise I’ll try to sell as is. No yellow but not a bad day at all! :yes:

Yup.... I found a pair that looked "similar" but dang. Sounds like payday to me. That is like finding 52g of 10k!!!

Attachments

• LV.JPG
    LV.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 603
You might be able to get a replacement pair of lenses from the company. Kevin has done that with a few of the Ray Ban pair he has found here.

Nice bunch of finds Felix.

You might be able to get a replacement pair of lenses from the company. Kevin has done that with a few of the Ray Ban pair he has found here.

Nice bunch of finds Felix.

I replaced some ray ban lenses a while back.. 25 bucks delivered.. I would definitely go that route although LV might be a little more.. it would be worth it for the payday or for the wife.

GREAT Day at the beach it sounds like !!

I replaced some ray ban lenses a while back.. 25 bucks delivered.. I would definitely go that route although LV might be a little more.. it would be worth it for the payday or for the wife.

GREAT Day at the beach it sounds like !!

Nice! I have a pair of raybans that the lenses are shot from wearing them to the beach.

nice felix you better give connors back b4 he comes looking for you :laughing: great hunt cool finds i have like 4 pairs of ray bans that i have found 1 pair is in mint ondition aviators are they worth much?

Nice Felix! The X is an expensive phone! Someone is sick over that one fo sho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found a pair of the glasses a couple others ago.. I still wear them. I took them to the LV store and they said they wouldn't repair. I guess if someone can afford $600 for sunglasses they would,just buy another pair.

Kewl! That phone is also a nice nick! I found a guy here who runs the Cricket Cell store...he buys all my drowned phones if they are decent...For good money! I have a theory that he sends them back in for a mfg. refund or merch credit or something...maybe parts them out...I dont know, but he sure wants every one I find and pays cash! Nice finds there Felix!

Nice job getting out there Felix :D :yes: One week I found a silver 925 wedding band and was feeling good, the next week conditions were sanded in and I moped around the beach but found a pair of perfect condition Maui Jim Sunglasses.

Turns out the 925 melt value is only $2.90 but I sold the Maui Jim's for $120 :laughing: ;)

crazy when a pair of sunglasses go for more than an ounce of 10k yellow, and that Iphone is another thing altogether. nice hunt- oh and the ring is nice :laughing:

Cmon Felix

Spring break and No video , Girls Girls Girls howboutit :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol::yes::yes::yes::yes::D:D:D:D:D PS you sure know how to torch er us Northern hunter's, the season here is June July August :(:(:(:(

nice felix you better give connors back b4 he comes looking for you :laughing: great hunt cool finds i have like 4 pairs of ray bans that i have found 1 pair is in mint ondition aviators are they worth much?
A decent pair of used RayBan Aviators goes for around 80 bucks, give or take. Some are worth a bit more, like if they are stamped 10k, etc. Others are fake, too, so beware of that.

Hey Felix, Great day's work there! Keepin Wifey happy would be the big score of the day.
Also, next time, post a video of you struggling in the water...but only if it looks as hilarious as it sounds. :laughing:

Great finds Felix, I didnt realize sunglasses could be sooooo pricey. I always find the cheap chinese veriety broken and twisted.

Hello

I'm flying into Miami tomorrow from calif, We will be going down to the keys and I'm bringing along my ATMax. I usally don't do too well in the salt water. Are there any crocks in the Keys?
HH everyone

I'm flying into Miami tomorrow from calif, We will be going down to the keys and I'm bringing along my ATMax. I usally don't do too well in the salt water. Are there any crocks in the Keys?
HH everyone

Any Crocs in the Keys? A few years ago yea...lots of Crocs all over the place in Fla!! freaking everywhere! Blaze orange and stupid as hell! Not any more though, Crocs fell out of fashion...mainly open toed Clarke sandals on the tourists or Dollar Store flipflops on the native flip floppers...Theres a lot of Native flipfloppers in the Keys!

You can pretty much go barefoot, what we call 'Foot Commando' or wear an old set of torn up deck shoes to fit in? Or 70's era penny loafers without socks? Go to Goodwill and get yourself a set!...Do not wear Crocs this season!...sheeit!...unbelievable folks dont keep up with this important fashion stuff! :laughing:

Forget about the Crocs!...In the Keys, you Gotta watch out for aggressive Bears! Unless you are into that sort of thing...More damn bears than in a MN Blueberry patch down at 'Bobbys Monkey Bar' or the Bourbon St. Pub!....

Wear some cut off Daisy Dukes or soccer shorts, those beat up penny loafers, a 'Feel the Bern' midrift tee with the sleeves cut off, a 'TourDeFrance' bicycle hat, and you will have more damn Bears all over you in Key West than wearing a bacon hat on the NakNek river during the King Salmon run!:laughing: If you survive, Report back!:laughing:

For gosh sakes, whatever you do, dont tell anybody you 'Metal Detect'! What are you? Gay?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom