How EMI affect metal detectors

Rammjäger

Elite Member
It never happened to me before.... my ACE250 went crazy with jumpy signals
all over the place.Then I look around and see these large high tension towers
some 200 mtrs. away.
The ground was "full of iffy signals!" .:(
I even tried to retune it with no sucess .After I came back home the ACE reacted back to normal again :roll:....

It never happened to me before.... my ACE250 went crazy with jumpy signals
all over the place.Then I look around and see these large high tension towers
some 200 mtrs. away.
The ground was "full of iffy signals!" .:(
I even tried to retune it with no sucess .After I came back home the ACE reacted back to normal again :roll:....
I'm able to run mine at 2 bars sensitivity under these lines. I do have on the sniper, but can't remember if I used that setting on the 9X6.

I'm able to run mine at 2 bars sensitivity under these lines. I do have on the sniper, but can't remember if I used that setting on the 9X6.

thanks sllingshot,
I wonder what my Tesoro Cibola would do in that place.Perhaps better
performance because of the 3 frequency settings ...

cibola would likely do better due to higher frequency. power emi really bleeds through on sub 10khz machines

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

cibola would likely do better due to higher frequency. power emi really bleeds through on sub 10khz machines

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I never thought the problem was so acute with these EMI magnetic fields - these towers were so far away....!:shock:

I can run my 250 directly under some lines and others I can't get within 50 yards of them. Pole mounted transformers really make it crazy. I just move away when I experience this.

Sent from my Mobile Command Center (MCC)

Back
Top Bottom