Vaquero 3 3/4 turn ground adjust

Blueonceagain

Elite Member
I know this may seem a bit obvious but does the GB knob actually turn 360 degrees x3 and a bit.My laser trident which is supposed to be virtually the same machine only turns from 7.00 to 5.00 clockwise.What is the reason for so much turning with the Vaquero in comparison.I was reading the Vaquero manual and couldnt understand this one difference in the two machines.Thanks.

Yes I think it has a range of almost 4 turns. Greater ability to fine tune. Should keep spinning after that with more drag. Never used a Vaquero but that is the case on other machines. Correct me if I am wrong...

Well that is how it works on my Cortes. A Tesoro, but not HOT. Gotta be the same though.

Has anyone got a nice front on of the Vaquero?

vaqueroface.jpg

Lovely 9 volt.No difference in looks.Think Ive solved the problem.

Laser Trident 2,not the si has fixed and adjustable ground balance, but only within the - and + signs.Vaquero is only adjustable(I think) with the 3 turn.Trident can be clicked off into fixed which I presume will lose a little depth.Havent had it long enough to work all the pros and cons yet.The new version has fixed and 3 turn GB.

Yah the plus and the minus are only the directions for adjustment. They have nothing to to with a starting or stopping point. If you turn it all the way in either direction until you feel the drag get heavy, you can then turn it in the opposite direction for 3 and 3/4 turns before you feel the drag again. Would like to see a picture of the trident. Not familiar with that machine.

Wow I should have wished for a brick of gold. That was fast! Looks like a Tesoro in Trident's clothing. Is that the Euro version I guess?

Most Tesoro's have a 3 and 3 quarter turn pot. for the ground balance. I could be wrong but think a few models have a 10 turn 10 pot. Steve.

Wow I should have wished for a brick of gold. That was fast! Looks like a Tesoro in Trident's clothing. Is that the Euro version I guess?

Yes, it's called the Laser Trident II.

By the way, there is also a German Vaquero. The "Vaquero 2 Germania."

01germaniafrontgr.jpg

02germaniafullgr.jpg

germaniadreiviertel400.jpg

Ten turn pot on a Vaquero

I paid to have a ten turn replace the stock pot. Total cost ,pot ,postage, labor came to about a hundred bucks..At first thought I had whizzed the money away..Now finding superior depth to what I was getting before. If you are hunting coins in tall grass, a positive help.. For most other applications, a choice of spending money or not..The difference shows up with the clean sweep coil getting more depth.......Cordially Nad

I paid to have a ten turn replace the stock pot. Total cost ,pot ,postage, labor came to about a hundred bucks..At first thought I had whizzed the money away..Now finding superior depth to what I was getting before. If you are hunting coins in tall grass, a positive help.. For most other applications, a choice of spending money or not..The difference shows up with the clean sweep coil getting more depth.......Cordially Nad

So the finer tuning on the ground balance increased your depth?

What is your ground like?

Ohio has clay..Best soil to hunt in is Florida where the minerals have been leached out of the sand..I don't know if the soil is hard or what. Do know that areas where my 1210, 1265 would go bonkers in, I cruise with the Vaquero. also, the Silver I had. The extra turns allow me to do just about anything regarding how close I want to be..If GB is fixing a balance point for the detector, then the closer you are to slightly "off", should equate into greater sensitivity.Just a guesstimate? Have not run any before and after tests, but am pickeled tink when I pop a dime at nine inches.I do know the depths on a Clean Sweep coil done by the previous owner, and picked up his air distance ,with a buried small womens ring.If air equals buried depth. no increase for my money.However, if Air is greater than Buried, then I could have a 5 to 20 percent increase in performance at the expensive end...(The first couple of inches being the cheapest) I like the simplicity of the machine and intend to go over several spots to see how far I've come in shaping my brain to this detector...Some people call that the learning curve, but in actuality ,it is "brain shaping"As great as this forum is, there hain't no substitute for using the machine to learn what you can do with it, cordially Nad

Back
Top Bottom