For GTI owners....

ewemule

Forum Supporter
I thought I'd charge my entire battery pack with my chargers 9 volt charging spot. So that's both sets of batteries charging at the same time versus charging 4 at a time. One thing is that the 9 volt spot doesn't shut off automatically. So I can keep an eye on that.
Any thoughts ?
Marty

I can do that....

I was wondering if there was an idea against charging the 4 AA's through the 9v outlet in their holder ? Or, is it a better idea to charge each AA in it's own little slot ? I don't pretend to know alot about electronics so any thoughts will be appreciated. I had them on for a few hours and one thing was that each AA had the same voltage as opposed to charging each one individually where the voltage would vary by .2 or .3 volts. Hmmmmm ? They are 1.25 volt NImH (correct abbreviation ?) AA's by the way.
Marty

I would charge the AA's in individual slots, in an approved charger. You also need to be careful about mixing NiMH batteries with a different mAH rating. They won't charge right and can cause erratic behavior during their duty cycle. A great reason to always carry a spare set of alkalines. Be careful when using battery chargers. They have been known to cause a fire or two.

There we go...

I have them charging in the specified manner. Individually and 4 at a time with the same Mah rating. I have 8 1.25v NiMH and 8 1.2v NiMH and I never mix them either charging or in use. Thanks !
Marty

Back
Top Bottom