Tucson or Benson detecting?

diggergirl

Hi there! I have tried searching here, and Google, without much luck.

We will be in Tucson for the big gem show in a couple of weeks (we're gem miners and cutters), and I'd like to do a little detecting if there is time.

Any word on regulations or places to check out (or stay away from)?
Many thanks!

Hi there! I have tried searching here, and Google, without much luck.

We will be in Tucson for the big gem show in a couple of weeks (we're gem miners and cutters), and I'd like to do a little detecting if there is time.

Any word on regulations or places to check out (or stay away from)?
Many thanks!

You can hunt national forest in Arizona but stay away from any sites that have Indian artifacts and state trust lands or archaeological sites as far as I know I have hunted areas around Payson but never around Benson or Tucson and do not trespass on to someones claim or property without permission or there could be dire consequences LOL

I hunted in the forests around Tuscon before (old traveler stop-spot springs, etc...) And didn't have any problems. Like oldkoot alludes to: Just avoid obvious historic sensitive monuments, Indian stuff in front of archies, etc....

Hey DG! Give us some pics of your gem hunting finds and product! Theres some people on this site that hunt rocks and might be interested in buying your gems!

Ever seen a 'Yooperlite"? Well...Member Yooper69 put us on to them!

Attachments

• yooper lite-1.jpg
    yooper lite-1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 91
Yeah, the big thing is to watch those claims. Finding out where they all are is a pain. At least finding out for free is.
Good Hunting!
K(lifelong rockhound)

Back
Top Bottom