Any Rush (the band) fans?

I bought and still have several of their earliest albums.....yea, I said albums.
On the liner notes of their Fly by Night album cover there is something written I had never seen before.

"FOR BEST RESULTS PLAY THIS ALBUM AT MAXIMMUN VOLUME"

So I did.

All I have is a record player. Sadly I lost most my albums in a flood. But us older generation already knew you can't beat the sound of vinyl.

I bought and still have several of their earliest albums.....yea, I said albums.
On the liner notes of their Fly by Night album there is something written I had never seen before.

"FOR BEST RESULTS PLAY THIS ALBUM AT MAXIMUM VOLUME"

So I did.

Yep. And on another album they put amongst the thanks, "Special thanks to (insert your name here)."

Like Digger27 I too got to see them at the Michigan Palace in December 74. Went to see Kiss and became hooked on Rush ever since. A buddy and I would go see them anytime they got close to the area. Since we were aspiring musicians we would talk to anyone working with the band and got to know Howard Ungerlieder a bit. So after one show we asked where they were headed to next and he told us Kalamazoo and if we come out early to Wings arena and ask for him he would set us up with backstage passes. Sure enough he came through. Great show and got to hang out backstage. Got to see them about 40ish times and never was disappointed. And Digger, you're right the vinyl sounds way better than what's out there today. For kicks I recently connected my Ipod to a 1957 Blaupunkt tube radio and OMG did that sound wonderful. Warm, full, and rich. New audio seems to have become so clinically sterile.

An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure.

Like Digger27 I too got to see them at the Michigan Palace in December 74. Went to see Kiss and became hooked on Rush ever since. A buddy and I would go see them anytime they got close to the area. Since we were aspiring musicians we would talk to anyone working with the band and got to know Howard Ungerlieder a bit. So after one show we asked where they were headed to next and he told us Kalamazoo and if we come out early to Wings arena and ask for him he would set us up with backstage passes. Sure enough he came through. Great show and got to hang out backstage. Got to see them about 40ish times and never was disappointed. And Digger, you're right the vinyl sounds way better than what's out there today. For kicks I recently connected my Ipod to a 1957 Blaupunkt tube radio and OMG did that sound wonderful. Warm, full, and rich. New audio seems to have become so clinically sterile.

Thanks for the story. I loved the shows they did in the 70's and early 80's. They played like they had nothing to lose, and the energy was something to be seen in a live setting.....:yes:

I'm a big Rush fan. Moving Pictures is one of my all time favorite albums. I saw them about 30 years ago when I was a teenager. To me, Peart is the best drummer ever. His drumset was unbelievably huge. The thing about him is that the set is not just for show, he uses the whole thing.

I still have a pretty good collection of albums from when I was a teenager. Recently my wife bought me an old portable turntable with the speakers built in. Now that I'm stuck home for about a month due to a Colostomy reversal operation, I'm going to dig them out and listen to them. I've been considering buying one of the turntables that you can hook to a computer and convert your albums to MP3's.
On the liner notes of their Fly by Night album there is something written I had never seen before.

"FOR BEST RESULTS PLAY THIS ALBUM AT MAXIMUM VOLUME"

So I did.

I was a big RUSH fan and had the 2112 on 8- track. At that time none of my friends knew of Rush and I remember playing closer to the heart from the fly by night album to show off what Rush could do. Still a big fan but, never got to see them do a live show.

I thought I saw you there!

That place was an old fire trap and we were lucky it didn't burn down.
Kiss had a lot of pyrotechnics from what I remembered, and some idiots in the audience got the bright idea of throwing lit sparklers around the place when they played.
I know...I got hit in the head with one.

Sometimes I can't believe I survived the 70's at all with the crazy places we went to and the things we did.

I thought I saw you there!

That place was an old fire trap and we were lucky it didn't burn down.
Kiss had a lot of pyrotechnics from what I remembered, and some idiots in the audience got the bright idea of throwing lit sparklers around the place when they played.
I know...I got hit in the head with one.

Sometimes I can't believe I survived the 70's at all with the crazy places we went to and the things we did.

Some of the concert halls around here were very shaky to say the least. My old girlfriend got cut on a broken Vodka bottle and took 30 stitches to the palm of her hand. (She went to sit on the floor and put her hands under her butt for cushion) I happen to be in Rhode Island when the Station nightclub burned while Great White was playing. 100 souls lost. Was a very sad scene....

Concert coming up soon, and have had no luck securing tickets. Oh well, guess I'll retire from concerts. It was a great run though....:yes:

Concert coming up soon, and have had no luck securing tickets. Oh well, guess I'll retire from concerts. It was a great run though....:yes:

Aw man , don't give up yet . Where's that " just gotta see'em hard rocker attitude " . :laughing: ,,,, Never mind , I'm no ball of fire anymore either . I know where its at . Mine's still floatin' around somewhere back in the 80s .

Sad to hear, but they are officially done as a touring band. Neil Peart has very bad arthritis, and being the perfectionist that he is, does not want his playing to be sub-standard. Thanks you Rush, for all the great concert's, for all the great music, and all the great memories......:yes:

Sad to hear, but they are officially done as a touring band. Neil Peart has very bad arthritis, and being the perfectionist that he is, does not want his playing to be sub-standard. Thanks you Rush, for all the great concert's, for all the great music, and all the great memories......:yes:

+1

Loved the 2112 Album !!

I have been a Rush fan since the 70s. They are one of the bands that inspired me to become a musician. I have been to more than 20 of their concerts. Turned me on to so many good books. My family and I have a band and we close every show with Working Man. We love to play the song Driven it's so difficult but worth it when done well.

Back
Top Bottom